E46 Fanatics Forum banner

problem with pasoft scanner

7K views 20 replies 10 participants last post by  Sport4r 
#1 ·
I have wasted 2 hours trying to make this work. All drivers were installed fine. No matter what I do it says "hardware not ready error." Also, it shows the unit as connected when i plug into the computer (green light). When I then plug into the car, light instantly turns yellow and shows as unit is not connected with "hardware not ready" error. Software was installed on Windows xp machine. I have a peake code reader as well and it connects fine.

wtf

#2 ·
You MUST plug the OBD connector into the car because the interface components in the adapter are not USB powered, they are powered via the cars 12 Volts from the OBD connector.

When you do that you should see the drivers actually install.

#4 ·
Try the other USB "B" port on the adapter, only 1 of the ports will work correctly.

#6 · (Edited)
See picture, my BMW Scanner interface has 2 USB "B" ports and only 1 of the 2 ports works properly.

Not sure if they are all this way??

Also try a different USB cable as well.

Attachments

#10 ·
Try another USB cable just for fun, no loss if you still have the same issue.

#12 · (Edited)
thanks for the advice, but I played these games for two hours, uninstalling software, drivers. Also, it shows the unit as connected when i plug into the computer (green light). When I then plug into the car, light instantly turns yellow and shows as unit is not connected with "hardware not ready" error. If it is plugged into the computer while it is already plugged into teh car, the light just stays yellow.

#14 ·
I read that in the instructions. The reason for it per instructions is that older windows xp machines will need internet off to disable automatic windows driver installation. per instructions, I have windows xp 3 and this does not affect me. It is only for turning windows update/driver search off allowing manual installing from the cd which I did.

#20 · (Edited)
Anyone find a solution to this. I have PA scanner 1.4 working on 2000 323i working through 20 pin connector in engine compartment. It is not working on the 2003 325i through the OBD II. It is not recognizing the car.

Update: I have tried it again. This time I hooked it to the car first, turned the key on then booted the computer and it worked. Dont know what may have changed.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.