E46 Fanatics Forum banner

OEM Xenon not working after angel eye install

8K views 14 replies 3 participants last post by  330ciandr6 
#1 ·
Yesterday I installed umnitza led angel eyes on my 06 zhp and they look great but now my drivers side oem xenon bulb isn't working. so I tried replacing the
bulb still nothing. So I plugged my drivers side headlight into the passenger side wiring harness to see if it would work and it worked with no problem so i thought it has to be a wiring issue on the drivers side since the drivers side headlight was working while it was connected to the passenger side harness. Just to make sure it was wiring i plugged in the passenger side headlight into the drivers side wiring harness and it worked perfectly. WTF? So i then put the headlights back into the right spots and once again the drivers side headlight didn't work. the turn signal works but no xenon. I wiggled the wiring harness for like 20 min with nothing then they came on. so i started the car and the light went out again. I'm still thinking its a wiring issue but i don't understand why the passenger side headlight would work on the drivers side with no problem and vice versa. Please Help!!!

#2 · (Edited)
disconnect the battery for about 5 minutes and reconnect it with the headlights back in the car and connected....then see if it does it.

Happened to me on an install I did for a friend. Sometimes the lcm needs to be reset when the headlights are disconnected.

#4 ·
Thanx bro I really hope that works because the last thing I want to do is go to a shop and have them diag a electrical problem because we know that the labor time on something like that will be through the roof. But why would it work on the passenger side and not the drivers side and vice versa. And what is the proper way to disconnect the battery because I dont want to mess up anything else.

#8 ·
Just checking ;)

I encountered something similar once, but it was with tail lights. See if the pins on the drivers headlight are good. It might be possible that when it's plugged into the passenger side a certain pin makes contact and on the drivers side it doesn't.

#9 ·
I hope leaving the bulb in didn't mess something up. I was looking at DIY's but none of them said I had to take out the bulb. But I'll check the pins. But if that was the case y would the passenger side headlight work when I plugged it into the drivers side harness.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.