E46 Fanatics Forum banner

DupliColor Vinyl & Fabric for..... LEATHER?????

19K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  Drewfus2101 
#1 ·
Hello Everyone!!

The door panels in my 330 are really worn out, the color in the leather section is really faded (you can see the leather natural color in some areas).

I have a black panel and decided to see how duplicolor works over leather and made some test.

The color matches my interior even over the black panel I used for this test, and feels great, so before working on my panels I would like to ask:

Have someone did something like this before???

Do you think this will last???

The front seats are in the same situation but the friction of people getting in and out of the car changes every thing right???

I'm thinking in a dual color scheme where the center is beige and the rest of the panel is black as well as the arm rest. I know the rest of the panel is going to be OK since it is vinyl but would like to know if it has been tried before on leather.

I did read the ColorBond thread, but I haven't been able to find ColorBond here...

Thanks in advance for your advice

Here are some pictures of the test I made... ( the white area in the second picture is due to the light/shadow in my room, the color is uniform)

Attachments

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.