E46 Fanatics Forum banner
2M views 18K replies 115 participants last post by  sly1types 
#1 ·
Hello folks! I'm just looking for all the "e46ers" in Kansas.... I feel so left out :bawling:. I cant find anyone else that does these cars around Johnson County! Met a really cool guy awile back and will be meeting him next weekend you can find his thread here: http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...664&highlight= . Other than him the only other person I know Has a 325xi with cheap ass wheels and hes a total douche! HE EVEN KEYED MY CAR AND IS TELLING EVERYONE I COPIED HIS "CAR IDEAS" AND MODDED MY CAR WITH HIS IDEAS BEFORE HE DID! :ben: :censor:. So anyway calling all Kansas E46 Fanatics!

#2,233 ·
We actually didn't finish, I'm helping him again this afternoon. Sly1types has the tool (which I borrowed) but he is very picky about who he lets borrow it.

I believe that Sly1types and I are the only ones that I know of in this area that have replaced our subframe bushings. I did mine myself and Sly1 had AutoTech a local indy shop do the work.

#2,238 ·
Anyone willing to chime in on a few things??? Negative positive i need all perspectives. I've been doing some research on F/I for non m's. I'm sure jacob has too. So far this is what I've come up with. Without a built motor you have to go with e85 for good power. Also it's much cheaper than race gas ($6.xx compared to $2.xx) I've been talking with this guy about a manifold.... http://www.666fabrication.com/e36topmount.html I realize this is for e36's (will touch on a little later) however he will make an m54 manifold. IMO he does the best manifolds for bmws period, besides Oleg. (without saying HPF has a cnc machined manifold... i can't afford that) Thinking about a top mount in case I ever want to do something crazy. Going with a hybrid turbo that will produce max boost around 2.5 to 3k rpm here is the turbo I'm considering. http://www.turboneticsinc.com/t3-t4b_turbochargers I have been looking into the gt30. Any comments/questions/concerns on the turbo? or on the gt30? As everyone else is.. I'm working on the tuning, the same shop that made my tranny mount adrenaline xxx dot com. is willing to give it a go. They will also do most of the piping. As long as I can get a piggy back that they can use with software they are familiar with. (Ignore the tuning issues, I realize this is directly related to the turbo/transmission ratios/gear ratios.) Hardest part of tuning a good system is being able to create max power as you shift and holding max boost into the next gear. You never want to wait on the power it all needs to be very linear) What do you guys think about the hardware so far? I plan on a new fuel pump/system. I refuse to post in the F/I forum.. they are just consumed by the sponsors. (end m54 route) I've also been kicking around the idea of doing an m50 swap (single vanos) M50's are cheap you can get an m50 and most of the hardware for your turbo for under 5k. Start the :evil: I can't confirm or deny that I will do either of these in the future. Just trying to get some input. Also Ryan/Jacob can you pm me about camber plates? I've been looking at the http://www.turnermotorsport.com/html/detail.asp?PRODUCT_ID=192416 Hoping you guys can help me out. :D BE GENTLE!!! sry bout the whole page post:p Thanks guys!!! :blah: :blah:

#2,248 ·
Jay - Like I have have told Jacob, it's the tuning that gets expensive when it comes to any bmw/vanos motor. I would say go with what ever route will result in the cheapest tunning cost.

I also noticed that you said you want the max power to be between 2500 and 3000 rpm. Why is that, you don't really spend much time in that powerband?

#2,291 ·
I have my box from my Vorsteiner boot lid and since I plan on keeping my OEM trunk for future aero the box is just taking up space. I'll pm you the shipping details.

#2,294 ·
Is that the price for the whole diff or just the ring and pinion?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.