E46 Fanatics Forum banner

Choosing 330xi wheels from Tirerack

939 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Rudy@Tirerack 
#1 ·
I would like to spend about 1-1.2k for wheels and tires for my e46 from TireRack.

I prefer OEM wheels, but I fear they aren't within my budget. The wheels that are on the car now are terrible gaudy looking 18" chrome things.

Do you guys have any recommendations for an OEM looking aftermarket wheel that is decent performance.

Also I found this site for refinished(?) OEM wheels:
http://www.allfactorywheels.com/products/1999%2d2005-BMW-330xi-17"-Rim-59290.html

I think I want 17", should I want 18"?

Any help, input or advice on tires or wheels is greatly appreciated.

Thanks! :bow:

#2 ·
I think 18s or 19s are the best for the E46. Going with an 18" or 19" wheel will help fill the wells a bit more and refresh the look of the car. What you need and want are completely dependent on you situation though. I always recommend 18s for customers that live in areas with poorly kept roads. Maybe 17s are what you need if your 18s aren't holding up too well. The choice is yours!

#3 ·
The roads aren't great here, but I think you are right, the 18's do look great. Now just still so many choices, I like the look of the style 162 and Style 44, but it seems to be hard to find that look on aftermarket as everyone wants lighter wheels.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.