Tags
touring
2M views 4K replies 508 participants last post by  rain91 
#1 · (Edited)
Updated for the Third time...

See less See more
#2,761 ·
Grrrrrrrrrrrr!!!

Well.. Had a bummer of a week so far.. My much loved Touring decided last friday night to "not start"

Hoping the EWS has not taken a crap.. And the starter did, putting it on the lift at work Thursday night to see if the starter died..

Anyone have any no start issues with their Touring?

#2,762 ·
My touring failed to start about 2 weeks ago. Starter was spinning freely. Got it on the lift at work to find that one of the bolts broke and the starter was just being held on with a few threads on the second bolt. :banghead:

Decided to just replace the starter instead of having to drill out the broken bolt and it was the original starter anyway. Also replaced the original fuel filter (115k miles) She's all good now. :thanks:

#2,764 ·
My 2003 touring with 102,000 miles failed to start on friday as well. The starter had been cranking very slowly earlier in the day which made me suspect the starter when the car did not crank later in the day. I had the starter replaced and now she fires up with no problems. It took about three hours labor. View attachment 486478
I hope the starter just took a crap. I hauled it behind our shop at BimmerWorld find out Saturday when I check it. I narrowed it down to the following three.

Starter
ignition switch
EWS.

Hopefully NOT EWS...:facepalm:

#2,776 ·
Like that blue as vertbody here I think!
Love the quad exhaust, special piping behind the bumper?
Looking for something like that but have a towing hook there that a use.

Will upload my pics from mine 330iT of the other section here too soon. (need decent weather to take new ones)

#2,778 ·
For the bad starters : mine did have some troubles too, turn key, no petrol pump, no inner heater ventilator blowing.But all dashlights and dash itself bright.
The starter turns lively but no start at all.
Try 3 or 4 or 5 times and than broem!! Working normally.
Checked everything but nothing found.
At the end I checked the battery, only 11.8 Volts! Replaced the orginal (!!!) more than 11 year old with a fresh one and everything is okay now.

Seems that the 11.8V was unsufficient to power the immobilizer, strange but very true.

#2,779 ·
Looking at the ZHP version you have in the US, whats special about it? Most of iy i have on my touring so its a ZHP touring?
- 330i with 231 hp
- mTech interior with alcantara sports seats, M badges everywhere (have a total of 10 orginal M badges on my car !!)
- mTech body kit
- mtech suspension with 18" wheels 225 front/255rear

#2,781 · (Edited)
GRRRR.. and YEAH!!

Grrr silver auto touring not starting still..

checked, fuses, relays, pulled starter checked, new ignition switch this week... leaves... EWS bad:( HOPE ignition switch fixes it!

Yeah!
Picked up the 2001 five speed touring today, white/black, manual non sport seats (manual sport seats with alcantara and M tech one goin gin in a month or so with matchign door cards and back seat, headliner), upgraded OEM radio with Sirrius/aux input in glove box, upgraded speakers, Koni SA/ZHP springs (selling asap! $500.00 gets the take outs!) Pretty cool with a five speed!!! MUCH quicker than the auto car!!!

Upgrrades to comence as time permits.. ZHP bumper en route, M3 steering wheel en route, E46m3 six speed in my shop to put in, Coilovers etc...

Will post pictures as I go along..

First track week end VIR Feb 22-24th:)