E46 Fanatics Forum banner

Just got back from the Track, Little review....

866 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  valerie 
#1 ·
Well I did another racing school today at Road America in Elkart Lake Wis. Road America for those of you who don't know is a 4 mile road course with 14 turns. I got there and they placed me in Class C because I have done a couple racing days there before. I took one look at my class and was like I will never keep up with any of them. There were tons of C5's a couple Z06's, a 993TT, my dads 993RS, an E46 M3, and a few other nice sports cars. Well my little 325XI did really well, much to my surprise. I was running Kuhmo R compound tires and Pagid Blue brake pads(which are now 75% gone) and the car seemed to brake really well and sit really balanced. It was a lot more forgiving then any of the rwd cars I have driven on the track, I had a lot more room for error but this isn't always a good thing because I can't get used to it. Anyways I was holding off most the C5's minus one Z06 and held off the porsches through corners and the "carosuel" but as soon as we got to the straights I was smoked. It mostly came down to driving and I was out driving most the guys with the exception of the 911's and one Z06. Everyone was shocked that I could keep up in a little 2.5 liter bmw. I learned today that our cars have a lot more potential then we give them, we can do some amazing things in them. The day as a whole went really well, Track Time Racing School runs a great, organized event. There was only one mishap where a 944 Turbo in my class spun out and did some heavy damage to his car. Other than that the day went well and the car was awesome, now all I need is some more hp and bigger brakes!!

See less See more
#2 ·
sounds great!

souds like a great time - thanks for sharing your experience, I know our cars have more to them then people might think :)

now if only I could get my husband ot let me track.... oh well, guess I should just convince him that I should use the saved $$ on mods ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.