E46 Fanatics Forum banner

Enco B046 - Dynavin Clone

692K views 2K replies 279 participants last post by  twinturbos 
#1 ·
Normally I would disregard this, but the price difference is just too huge to ignore. Has anyone tried the Enco B046?

http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/519290879/Android_car_dvd_player_pc_system.html

I order through Alibaba all the time at work and have had good experiences trading through them.

It looks like an exact clone of the Dynavin Android, for 1/3 of the price. My initial reaction was to disregard it, but if it runs Android and a 720Mhz Arm, then we know it is operationally solid. Only thing I am worried about is the screen and/or amp, if they are different at all.

Has anyone tried this unit? It looks similar enough to have been made in the same factory. For $320 (or $450 for Android version) it might be worth a gamble.

See less See more
#398 ·
After doing some researching - it looks like anyone with an OEM nav system will at least need the Fakra cable - as the "radio" portion is in the trunk - so this cable routes all the wiring to the front of the car. From there I'd imagine it should just be as simple as plugging it in?

Szenco responded asking if the HK system is digital or analog...anyone know? I'm a noob when it comes to sound/audio :)

#400 ·
I agree with breiwa1's statement regarding Jolly -- I've been working with her over the past week trying to get more info on the unit. She's been extremely helpful.

Looks like I'll be putting my order in tomorrow (unless the Western Union's are closed due to the holiday)!

#401 ·
I couldn't really get a confirmed answer from them regarding if its compatible with oem nav + hk. In the end it should work fine, but may not be exactly plug and play - will most likely just order and figure it out. Will post more details including cost shortly (Both Charles and Jolly seem to be giving me different prices.)

#405 ·
Myself too can't decide, I know the win.ce will be clean and simple, nothing to much to mess around, but android give you so many option but stability would be a problem, if you have android phone you know what i'm talking about. One thing with android that would be cool is Torque app, would be cool to run torque with a Bluetooth obd2, but I need confirmation that Bluetooth works on android side.

#406 ·
Just get the wince, and if you want to play pandora you can bluetooth it thru the phone. Maps can be updated by updating the map section on the microsd. Save yourself money and it'll be easier to use.

#411 ·
Can anyone confirm if the iPhone/iPod charges while being plugged in? I want to know if I can play music off it with the USB based cable while simultaneously having BT for calls and having it charge. Anyone have screen shots of the phonebook connectivity with the iPhone?

VERY tempted to place an order. The price is fantastic.

#412 ·
For anyone ordering directly from Jolly/Szenco, I was just told DHL is now quoting them $70 for shipping instead of last week's $60. Base prices remain the same ($320 for WinCe version).

#414 ·
Did you do a WU money transfer (I'm assuming you ordered from Szenco and not via eBay).?

#417 ·
Thanks for the reviews. Quick questions.

1. How is driving at night with the unit on? I know you showed. The function where you can turn off the screen but if you dont do that, is the brightness too bright? Please answer for mutiple screens (gps, radio, etc). I assume with gps you can select in settings a night mode? Is there an automatic light detection to seitch the unit to night colors?

2. Please give a detailed review on BT while using for phone calls. I know it was reported already that the mic is crap. Any work around? Can we hook up a different mic or is this pretty much useless? I assume phone calls play through your speakers right?

#425 · (Edited)
A lot of misinfo here...

Enco units have built-in mic...every one of them...if it has not got it in highlighted location, then it isn't enco unit:

Check this thread: http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=903983 and the second video - you can clearly see "MIC" in the lower left corner of the unit.

Hoang might be of more help, but as I understand, unlike Dynavin for example, these units don't even have the plug for external mic. Built-in is the only option.

They accept Paypal, Jolly herself told me that...that is, offered me to pay via PP. The "problem" is they want 5% more because that is the Paypal fee. Am I the only one who is offered to pay via PP? o_O

#427 · (Edited)
They only take WU or T/T. No paypal. This is what Jolly told me 12 hours ago.

#430 ·
alright guys after reading 22 pages of information. I now have formulated some questions.

1.Where can/should I buy one of these units from. Paypal is what I prefer. Does anyone have an exact link from "jolly".
2.Installing wise, how hard is it? Do i need to buy anything else other then the unit to install it?
3.Wince or Android? All I want to do is have a navigation, charge my iphone, listen to music on my iphone, and maybe bluetooth phone calls. thats it

#436 ·
#431 ·
I think I can help:

1. If you want to use paypal for sure - get it off ebay. That way you are protected in case anything happens. There are differing reports on whether or not http://www.szenco.cn (Jolly Angel) takes paypal or not. I would personally never use western union no matter how awesome the savings.
2. Install seems to be easiest if you have non-HK and non-OEM navigation. It's all plug-n-play if you do.
3. WinCE is best for what you listed as 'wants'. With Android you can get wifi/3g and android apps in addition to what you listed.

#435 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.