E46 Fanatics Forum banner

Black Roof Vinyl Wrap Pictures - Q&A/FAQ/etc.

343K views 385 replies 83 participants last post by  Don Nguyen 
#1 ·
I get people asking me the what a gloss black roof versus a matte black roof looks like all the time, so I will start out with two almost identical E90s I did this weekend. The first one went with a gloss black finish, while the second one went with a matte black finish. It'll give you guys a good idea of how the two compare/contrast.

Gloss black:

Matte black:

If you guys are looking for any vinyl materials to cover your roof, window trim, etc, shoot me a PM with what you need or post up any questions you might have.

-Don

See less See more
#5 ·
looks sick.........how much would it cost?

#9 ·
Shoot me a PM for specifics, since each car is different.

what surface can vinyl bond to? fiberglass? bondo? primer?
It will depend on the surface. There are different techniques to applying it on non painted surfaces (IE fiberglass/bondo/etc). It gets kind of tricky and is more intricate, where if you have to ask, it's usually better to have someone else do it for you.

-Don

#17 ·
^Do it!! :D

Helped a buddy of mine apply vinyl on an Eclipse roof, and it was easier than we thought. Just be patient, and try to have a friend help you.

I'm in the process of trying to get my E36 M3 perfect (body), then to order the Matte White vinyl from you Don. Only problem is there's more rust than we thought, and am contemplating getting new bumpers and skirts since mine are so old. :(

#20 ·
Don,

If I find my new E46 M3 on the west coast I am gonna hit you up to do the roof right away, otherwise I'll order the stuff from you. Post is a great idea...can't wait to see more of your work. I think you should post up the other pics you were mentioning and if you want a little fun we should come up with a scheme for my new M3...I am going with a JDM flair so might do some matte vinyl graphics...like A/W on matte white.

#21 ·
how easy can this be removed and does it leave behind any residue?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.