E46 Fanatics Forum banner

Depo headlights

2K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  Solidjake 
#1 · (Edited)
See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
This thread proves that you didnt search what so ever

If you actually did some searching, you can find out that almost 90% of the forum will disagree on you purchasing these headlights from ebay. The other 10% are ppl like you who will probably buy it anyway after being told not to.

Why?
Its a very cheap made product that wont be reliable on the longer run (bulbs, ballast, wiring, water getting inside, taking a dump on u)

Now does that mean its the same with other aftermarket headlights? Yes, but not as bad as these fake (imo) depo lights.

I suggest you retrofit your halogen headlights or get a better quality one from stealthauto or ddm (idc which and idk who has the better product, but w.e it is, its much more durable)

I pruchased a used set from a member on this forum and he bought it from DDM. The age on my depo headlights is roughly 4 years old and its still working perfectly (except the fact that they used CHEAP product to make the headlight in which one of my high beam socket melted from the bulb)

#3 ·
Well believe me my friend i have done more than my fair share of research.
i just needed some more clarification. thanks.

to be honest i have actually done the retrofit before, my father and i have the exact same e46's and i had done it on his. its not that it was hard or anything
i just like the idea of having it all done with the halo's built in and the projectors.

plus my halogens are falling apart anyway.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.