E46 Fanatics Forum banner

New Car, Wet Look Wax Recommendation ?

2K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  k20z1 L 
#1 ·
Hello all,

I am back again to the lovely forum after a long break.

I am looking to buy a Paint Protector or Wax for my E46 and I want the paint look like a new car or wet and NOT like a mirror.

I often use Sonax Extreme 1, but I am not really so happy as it does not make much difference.

I am open to any Wax brand/model suggestion.

Cheers.

See less See more
#2 ·
Well first off no "wax" is just going to give you the "look" your going for. It's like painting your car, it's all in the prep work. Do some research at auto geek.com or check out griots garage products website. Both have very informative videos. I for one almost exclusively use griots products. They are top of the line. But back to your original question of protecting your paint. After your car is completely(I mean with a claybar and paint is smooth as glass)clean you will need to protect it. You can choose either a carnauba wax or a synthetic paint sealant. Wax will make the paint glow and looks substantially better, however I usually go for the sealant on my DD because if applied correctly the sealant can last up to a year if maintained correctly where a good wax might do 3 months if your lucky. Go to those sites and read up. Happy detailing! Hopefully your car will look like this when your finished!

Attachments

#5 ·
It's all in the prep work.. If you clay and lightly polish, every wax or sealant will look brilliant!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.