E46 Fanatics Forum banner

DAILY UPDATES

6M views 45K replies 4K participants last post by  yjsaabman 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Welcome to the daily update thread! Post any mods, repairs, whatever you have done to your E46!

Today I

Debadge the trunk lid (roundel still intact)
Added black grills
Yellow fogs
Clear front reflectors (PITA!!!)
6K D2S bulbs

See less See more
#11,781 ·
Replaced my hood roundel, since the old one was faded and chipped.

Installed 80% of my Khoalty Interior LED Kit. I got the 12 LED panel for the dome light, holly **** that thing is bright. I love it.
I only have a few more to swap and i'll be done with that.

Installed Khoalty LED License Plate Lights.

And lastly I installed Khoalty Amber LED Side-Marker Lights.
I'm going to order some clear side markers soon.

:thumbsup:
I finished installing the rest of the Khoalty interior LED's and found out I need a resistor. I ordered one from Khoalty but was board and went to radio shack and picked one up... I love this mod, the lighting in the interior now is AMAZING. Love the brightness and color... Now I wish I didn't have Tan interior :(

I received my OEM alarm and I installed the tilt and ultrasonic sensors, now I just need to install the Siren. I'll also activate it once my diagnostic adapter thing arrives from China.

#11,784 ·
Started on Vanos Seals replacement

Pulled the valve cover and Vanos unit off last night; will do the seals tonight and reinstall. Super clean inside! Pics coming later. 145k miles, looks to be original seals (no wrench marks on piston housings for vanos)

#11,785 ·
Ordered one new rear Bilstein Sport shock from Cmuzyy. One of mine is making noises at 26k miles/2 years. It's being replaced under warranty. No leaks... just a metallic clanking sound over bumps. And I verified the Meyle HD mounts are in superb (new) condition. (installed at same time as the shocks)

#11,786 ·
Pulled the valve cover and Vanos unit off last night; will do the seals tonight and reinstall. Super clean inside! Pics coming later. 145k miles, looks to be original seals (no wrench marks on piston housings for vanos)
If the work is carefully performed, there won't be any wrench marks. But I doubt anyone but an E46Fanatic is touching the vanos seals anyway :woot:

#11,795 ·
^ how could you tell they were done? Noise? I had a car before with bad wheel bearings, it was semi-noisy. Not sure if I'd ever hear the BMW tho between the padding and the exhaust...

I'm at 115k on original's, put 19's on about a year ago, lowered her (a whopping 1/2") about 3 months ago...

#11,796 ·
For the first time since I've owned the car (1.5 years), I have a functional windshield washer system. Car had a CF hood when I bought it with no nozzles or hose through the hood. Replaced the hood about 2 months ago and kept looking for used nozzles with no luck. Fixed now. Oh, and I replaced the airplane gas mask (sunroof motor cover) that would fall on any good bump.

#11,798 · (Edited)
^ how could you tell they were done? Noise? I had a car before with bad wheel bearings, it was semi-noisy. Not sure if I'd ever hear the BMW tho between the padding and the exhaust...

I'm at 115k on original's, put 19's on about a year ago, lowered her (a whopping 1/2") about 3 months ago...

by sound
its similar to the noise a scalloped tire makes kinda a whirring noise
and you can hear it if you have the car up on jacks and spin the wheel
mine lasted mostly 130k

my left rear is quiet still but im going to replace it anyways

#11,800 · (Edited)
First I lost a corner light at speed, it took some paint with it. Not happy.
But got a package from detailed image restocking my chemical guys supply. Iv now taken over two shelves in the garage with my detailing supply's.
Also ordered a bunch from ecs, sway bar end links, torque wrench, first aid bin and bracket with screws, alcantara shift boot and 5 speed Zhp knob, and then a new set of smoked corners and piano black grills from khoalty

Attachments