E46 Fanatics Forum banner

Dynavin and apple's new "lightning" connector

6K views 17 replies 7 participants last post by  mbuhboot 
#1 ·
So I haven't read any news regarding Dynavin's response to the new lightning connector. I want to know what's going on with this, and if Dynavin will have a cable to support new iphones/ipods. Specdock (Which I currently have) says they are working on a solution, but I don't know if they will have something for the Dynavin Unit just yet. So anyone heard anything through the grapevine? (Also, It's weird that I have searchd and looked around and haven't found any discussions about it.)

#2 · (Edited)
I expect it will be a while until any of these connectors show up from any brand. I think apple is going to sell A LOT of those adapters over the next few months.....

#4 · (Edited)
???? The adapters wont work for a spec dock because its a docking station.....a half inch thick adapter isnt going to do them any good. Electrically they will "work", but you phone will have nothing to hold it in place. Totally different situation than the dynavin (or most apple compatible devices). The dynavin just uses a cable, the adapter goes on the end of the cable and plugs into your new iphone 5. Done. At this point the phone hasnt even come out yet so it seems a little premature for there to be any definitive "go to" solutions for any of this stuff right now. Time and the market will determine the success of apples plug changeover.

#5 ·
from spec.docks' facebook page:

Status Update
By spec.dock
As we've all seen by now, Apple has ditched the 30-pin iPod and iPhone connector in favor of Lightning, and simply plugging their adapter into the spec.dock connector isn't going to be supportive enough at all, so we're already at work on a solution. We'll announce it here, so please stay tuned, and thanks as always for your continued support!

#6 ·
Last from their FB:

spec.dock Okay guys, it looks like Apple saved the day by making not only a fixed adapter, but also a cable-based one, so we're in business. They don't ship until October, but we'll have quantity on hand, and a retrofit program in place for all of you upgrading to the iPhone 5, iPod Touch 5th gen or the new iPod Nano. Trust that we'll make this as painless as we can, and we'll announce the info here as soon as we have testing complete!

#8 ·
yikes... this is exactly what I was worried about. I read online that there are a lot of accessories out there that don't work with it and I had my doubts about it working with the dynavin unit.. what da ya know.

arrgghh!!! :banghead:

They need to report this to Dynavin and dynavin needs to come out with a fix for this... asap. Anyone know how we would go about doing this?

#11 ·
I understand... The point was that it's not a lost cause for ALL units. I'm yet to test my Sony unit but the pioneer worked totally fine with the 30 pin lightning connector

#17 · (Edited)
did you do a hard reboot on the iphone? Or maybe even do a restore in itunes.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.