E46 Fanatics Forum banner

Look what fed-ex guy brought!

3K views 26 replies 3 participants last post by  ken330i 
#1 ·
Hello,

When got some audio equipment today... Not the super high-end stuff. But a start..

Well here is my questions:

The midrange speakers are 5.25 and I plan to but these in the rear where the OEM speakers are sitting. Well the depth is no problem.

But, the are a little smaller than the whole where the OEM speakers are and the bolt on places do not line up.

So how do I make mount for these speakers....???

Second my components are 5.25 inches as well.. The depth is going to be fine but if the rear and the front are the same on the OEM speakers looks like I will have to build a mount of some kind... Any suggestions?

Attachments

See less See more
#9 ·
Wish I had gotten 6.5

I have not installed them yet. But, have a feeling you are right. But I guess it has to sound better than the OEM system.? Perhaps I should go out and buy a sub.. Any recommendations for Autobahn subs.

ken330i said:
they look beautiful! i dont have audiobahn components, so i cannot give you any comments. i have their amps and subs and love them so far. for 5.25" speakers, there isn't much bass. you should get 6.5" instead. let us know how you like audiobahn.

#11 ·
All i can say i heard dozens of audiobahn amps and speakers at our belgium car shows and i dont like the sound of them. But everybody has a different taste. So its realy how you like it.
Yes its going to sound better then oem. Anything will :)

Just being honnest :)

#14 ·
i'm using 2801x 2 channel amp to hit those bad boys. for my components, i m using diamond audio 6.5" for the front and 5.25" for the rear with autobahn 4 channel amp. i'm happy with the components.

if u r going to go with a setup like mine, get a good cap and a digital cross over with bass and frequency control. if possible, get an eq. eq is what i'm missing right now. if you're playing different types of music, you need an eq.

my setup is pretty good because whenver i need more room, i just take everything off in less than 5 mins.

#17 ·
i love to be honest. unfortunately, the pro shop did it for me, but i was watching him the whole time. it was not that hard. you just need a jig saw, right measurement, and carpet. i don't need any security because it's heavy enough to stay flat without moving. the piece of wood just sits on top of the box and sits very tight. if you corner like crazy, then you might need to bolt it down with few long screws.

i dynomat my trunk so there's very little rattling, almost none. i spent $150 on the material. you can buy dynamat at any audio shop.

if you find a matched carpet, it will look very nice. i m still digging.

#22 ·
My head unit is the OEM unit with CD changer in trunk. I bought two Hi/low converters for the front and rear. There is no noise comming from the main amp. The noise starts when I attach the line outs to a sub that has a build in AMP. I bought the Alpine model. When I power up and I get noise. If I remove the Sub . No noise perfect.

I have grounded the SUB. to the same location as the AMP.. Lost as to a solution here. Any advise..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.