E46 Fanatics Forum banner

New Vorsteiner CF Vented Hood

3K views 45 replies 25 participants last post by  GJGM3 
#1 ·
One of the many things I've gone back and forth on (yes in addition to the P-car) is which hood to get. I ordered the regular Vorsteiner Race hood, then cancelled it because so many people (out west especially) have it - I think it still looks great though. I then ordered the new one. Other than the Official "Vorsteiner M3", I'll have the seond one which is in the process of completion.

I think it's real subtle - the underside will remain exposed carbon fiber (2X2). I called today to see if they had pictures of it yet and was told I can see those on the one that was at Bimmerfest. I've sort of known what it looks like just from pshopping the inner vents out of the original, but here's the real thing. Pretty cool and different. Can't wait!

Also, here's somewhat of a comparison of the two (poor part by me to draw contrast I know). The cabrio pictured is non other than the one on Vorsteiner's website of Brad's (Evosport) M3 (below).

See less See more
#20 ·
:werd: you made a good choice. :thumbsup:

#6 ·
i like the way luis did it. one thing to keep in mind is that the new "facelifted" vorsteiner hood has lines which go to the middle of the windsheild (not the ends like on the m3 hood).

If you have the cash, I would buy the gtr hood and then have them shave the vents on the inner side of the hood lines

#8 ·
Right - but I have an M3 and it's the GTR Hood without the inner vents - like Luis'. You're correct about the "facelifted" non-M hood - I don't like that one as much. I think the lines coming in at an angle from the corners looks right. On the other hand the "facelifted" is great for custom.

#11 ·
Yeah, like the only other one is the AW M3 Vorsteiner car and then me (for now). I really do like the GTR Hood (yours) but just wanted to separate myself from the pack and have something unique - even if it's only for a while. As it is, I think I'm the only one (M3) so far with my specific Vorsteiner package (combo of wheels, BBK, bodyparts, interior, etc.). This will be one other item. I'm still not 100% because it's not as agressive - but I bought it and am anxious as heck to get it on my car. The underside will be especially sick since it'll match all the carbon fiber perfectly - custom 2X2! :excited:

I'm also having shipped to me the new rear V-CSL console to match the regular one - also custom 2X2.:craig:

#16 ·
Thanks Bro. Hey I might have a business deal in Miami - If so how 'bout a few beers with some of the fellas!?! A few rounds on me. Eh, you can drink no? :)
:excited: Finally 21...lol You really gotta let me know so i can plan to have an M3 convertible pick you up from airport..:4ngie: ....Georgie with the white m3 vert.....fellow vert thug will be coming down here jun 1st...

#35 ·
G you are sure geting up their in age...... lolllll

:excited: Finally 21...lol You really gotta let me know so i can plan to have an M3 convertible pick you up from airport..:4ngie: ....Georgie with the white m3 vert.....fellow vert thug will be coming down here jun 1st...
hate to say this but i have jackets older than 21 years old....... i guess you begin to feel your age once you get out of your teens........
but happy birthday the years will go by faster now....
bobm3 :lmao: :lmao: :bday: :bday:

#17 ·
I really dig it. It's "subtle" but really stands out. I needed the CF for the underside of my hood for the engine bay (have it all match). This hood is vastly improved over all those in the past - redesign of mount points, etc. Good time to order - they're completing mine and it'll ship later this week. It'll look great on yours and compliment the rest of your body parts.

BTW - I've got to get an El Diablo - I really dig the clip of yours and think it'll compliment my CSL headers/cats/X-pipe. That is one sick sounding exhaust!

#27 ·
Not yet on the rear console but I will have it very soon.

Regarding the P-car, yeah it's touchy but I want to finish my project on the M3 -no choice right now actually. A used 2005 997 is still running in the mid-to-upper $60k range and that would be a starter car for me to mod. I also purchased this hood several months ago when the mold hadn't even been finished and hadn't seen it - yes, I have that much faith in Vorsteiner and their products. So no big change of mind with the 997 - just a matter of time really. I'm also trying to sort out how long I'm going to keep the car given parting isn't going to work. So, I don't know if I should go all the way and complete the project with the final piece - the V-CSL Airbox, or keep it longer and put the HPF Turbo in it. That was the plan.

I'll post pics of the console as soon as I get it (prior to install). It has not been made available yet.

#30 ·
Navin - first, congratulations bro! Vorsteiner's stuff rocks. It's gonna look mighty good on your ride.

The "facelift" hood in question applies to that particular model/non-M where the lines are more centered as below. Here's the comparison. I think it's really nice for that model, just different than the others and certainly the M3.

Also below is my very poor (sorry-a$s) paint over the vents and the attempt at the pshop. Essentially it's the same Race hood without the inner vents closer to the powerdome. This gives you an idea.

#32 ·
Thanks Gerard! I'm definitely excited about the Vorsteiner hood and their customer service has been great thus far to me.
Your pics answered my question... we're definitely talking about different hoods. The facelift sedan Vorsteiner hood has different lines - I'm pasting a pic of 4ngie's hood (hope you don't mind, Angie! Love your hood by the way!)

Attachments

#33 ·
Navin - the picture you posted isn't of the facelifted version. The facelift has the corners pointed upward instead of down like the pre-facelift or M3 models. Just the same you have the pre-facelift and that hood will look terrific on your car!

#37 ·
Yeah, I know the pic I posted isn't of the facelifted version. I just posted that so that other people reading my post would have some idea what on earth I've been talking about, LOL. :)
I've heard that the Vorsteiner facelift sedan hood fits pre-facelift sedans quite nicely... I'll find out exactly in one week when it goes on finally. :)

I believe that's Jojo's car. Here's mine: (And it is a facelift hood.)

:hi: You're absolutely right, Angie. As part of my Vorsteiner sedan hood research that I've been doing for quite sometime now, I've actually saved pics of your hood and Jojo's hood (also to assist me with the custom paint scheme I plan on going with). Thanks for the correction and I stand behind what I said before... love your hood! (and Jojo's too). :)

#34 ·
i wish they had done this style for their new e36 hood.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.