E46 Fanatics Forum banner

DAILY UPDATES

6M views 45K replies 4K participants last post by  yjsaabman 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Welcome to the daily update thread! Post any mods, repairs, whatever you have done to your E46!

Today I

Debadge the trunk lid (roundel still intact)
Added black grills
Yellow fogs
Clear front reflectors (PITA!!!)
6K D2S bulbs

See less See more
#3,622 ·
Finally finished hood and trunk! They sent the wrong hood the first time but were great about getting the correct one out to me. Props to Unified distribution! Car hasn't been washed for three weeks ...sorry for the dirty pics.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Bimmer App

#3,624 ·
Just realized how much I've purchased for her in the last two months. Can't wait...

Here's my list...

M3 Steering Wheel and Bag
Bimmian Interior XENON ULTIMATE LED set
WeissLicht Xenon White Error-Free LED License Plate Housing
Cosmo Front Adjustable Camber Plates
Dynavin (WinCE)
Black Console Complete with Leather Armrest and short euro tray (Continuance of my grey to black interior swap)
Black Leather Auto Shift Knob and Black E-Brake
M3 Front Nappa Black Full Power/Heat Leather Seats (Still need to pick these up)
Black all-weather OEM BMW floor mats
Tischer OEM Cooling Overhaul Kit minus the Radiator and thermostat (just replaced that)
Tischer OEM Oil Kit + 1 more quart of BMW oil (i like to have one extra)
Behr Electric Fan Puller to do a Mech. Fan delete
EE LED C/R Tail Lights
Clear Sidemarkers
OEM Wheel locks for upcoming new wheels
BMW Logo Valve Stem Caps (overkill? )

Wow, that more than I realized I've ordered. All in the last two months...

Things I'm ordering in the next month:

Meyle HD Control Arms
Meyle Sway Links
Wheel Bearings - All but front Right
Rent a RTAB tool - already have Powerflex RTABS, just need to install
Avante Garde 310s HyperSilver - 19 x 8.5 et35 all around on Conti DWS 225/35/19
Umnitza's Premium Projector setup with 35w FXR Retrofit
License Plate delete strip
Oil and Kit to change out tranny fluid - Most likely Redline
Oil to change out Diff fluid - again Redline
Couple other small things I can't recall I needed right now

Big list I know. Worth it? Hell yes!

I got my work cut out for me when I get back from deployment. Its allll waiting for me.

:thumbup:

#3,628 ·
Bought it Sat. Drove it 100 miles home with the top down and the radio up. Washed and waxed this morning.
View attachment 409682
Congrats on the new vert! I just got mine about 5 weeks ago. I've had the top down every nice (nice = not raining, and not 90 degrees and humid) day since!

As for what I've done for my E46(s) today, I changed the oil in the ZHP Vert, and got INPA/NCS Expert installed on my laptop so that I could reset the service indicator (and for general diagnostics and coding too). I have a Peake R5 FCX2, but my '05 vert doesn't have the big round BMW diagnostics connector -- gotta reset the SI via the ODB.

I also started installing the Curt hitch -- gotta head back to the garage to finish (my kid interrupted me for snack, so I checked e46fanatics while eating said snack).

Once the hitch is on, I can use the vert to haul the bike to rides with the top down!

#3,631 ·
Sold my interior; heart wrenching moment!

#3,637 ·
New 02 sensors. Car wash. I also installed new plugs, but was very embarassed to find out that I had installed NGK plugs like 8K miles ago and not bosch as I thought I was replacing. oh well. after 8K miles the plugs looked pretty bad, but with the new 02's fuel fiter, etc... should ahve a much cleaner go of things....