E46 Fanatics Forum banner

** OFFICIAL THREAD ** Pics of different types of angel eyes installed

474K views 930 replies 257 participants last post by  umnitza 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
and make it a sticky, should reduce a lot of repeated threads...:)

#253 ·
Just finished up installing my new e2 aurora 60 LED Angel Eye Kit! They turned out amazing! I decided to go with the upgrade because i was tired of failing ballasts with my Predator Chromiums. The comparison is amazing! I snapped a few photos during my install process. Its not a full DYI, but the install was pretty straight forward, same as a normal Angle Eye install. I have a DEPO Projector 46 Xenon housing, so the the halos had to be super glued instead of using the kit included clips. It was a bit more of a hassle to make them glue in flush, but it was well worth the effort. The results are superb....

We have ignition....

Passenger side complete

The comparison, Left: e2 Aurora, Right: Predator Chromiums

Drivers side in progress

The final results....

e2 Aurora, European Auto Source FTMFW! :thumbsup:

#256 ·
here's mine..mycarr angel eyes installed last week..purchased from khoa...had problem with ground wire being too short and the end broke loose twice..but its nice..camera sees too much light at night ..cant show the rings

Attachments

#258 ·
Hi people, I have a few questions about angel eyes that would be create if someone could let me know:

1)Did the e46 ever come with them out of the factory?
2)With standard wiring do they replace the siderlights?
3)Would they turn off when when dipped beam is on?

and last.....

I have seen a few of these angel eyes around (mainly on E36's) and somehow to me they seem somehow wrong (not in a ugly/bad way). I look at them and instantly I think... ...aftermarket (Specially on an E36).

I was looking a brand new 6 series the other day that had OEM ones and they seem alot more subtle, a kind of yellow colour, not white, yes they stand out less but also don't shout look at me. You see I am not out to make people look at my car.

So my question, does anybody know if you can get more subtle lights and if so can you even get genuine BMW ones for the E46.

Thanks in advance!

#260 ·
Well, I went to install the Aurora's and had some trouble...

After getting the first headlight back in the car, I noticed the ring was a little off centered and pushing out at the bottom...

As I took the headlight apart, still on the car, it was aparent what happened. When I re-assembled the headlight, I gently put the black inner pice (shroud?, not sure what to call it) over the headlights and the halo's. But I must not have snapped it completely in at the corner where the projecor is. When I snapped the outer clear plastic cover on the headlights I didn't notice that the black inner surround pushed up against the positive soldered contact on the halo. Furthermore It pushed it back far enough to a) scratch the chrome and b) break the EXTREMELY fragile halo where the cheap plastic clips pop in...

Its interesting, really, the directions state that the clips "break easily" so if you sold the most expensive halo kit (that I'm aware of) and you knew they broke easily. Couldn't you/wouldn't you include a few extra? I mean, c'mon, they can't be very expensive. I did end up breaking one of those too...

I sent an e-mail through EAS's website last night, interesting it said I would receive a response promptly, yet almost 24 hours later (and not on a weekend) no response...

Either I have the wrong kit, or there is a design flaw, however, looking at other kits in this thread, I don't see how I wouldn't have the same problem with other kits. Do the halo's have to be directly up against the chrome to clear the black inner plastic piece? And if so, how is that NOT going to scratch the chrome off? The edges are not "razor" sharp, but will easily scratch the chrome off of the headlights...

Thoughts?

#265 ·
First there was white...then came black (with videos).

Allow us to introduce the next color in the Orion V2 Picture Gallery...Titanium Silver.

Sick AE's

/thread now :drool:

#270 ·
^ nice pictures Tom...

I just got my car back this morning, I'll be re-attempting my install soon...

#271 ·
Umnitza Orion v2 Installed

I installed my Orion v2 60LED angel eyes from Umnitza today. I put them on a 2002 325i sedan.

I thought the installation was pretty easy, all the wires come with proper connectors so everything was plug and play. The alligator teeth on the clips come in handy, as it takes some work to get the outside angel eyes just right so they don't rub on the housing, the teeth provide a lot of flexibility in adjusting them in or out.

I think I got it all setup well, the autoleveling seems to be working fine. There are two trigger wires, I put one onto the accessories wire in the ECU box so the angel eyes are always on when the car is running. I put the second trigger wire through the firewall onto the floor light wire on the passenger side so that the angel eyes fade on and off when I use my remote.

Sorry for the poor pictures, I used my phone to take them.

#273 ·
^ x3000

If these Aurora's cant work w/o me having to modify the black inner trim-piece, they're being returned. And its frustrating enough that I probably will just put that cash towards some other mod(s)...

/off topic

#277 ·
Did you cut the inner black trim pieces to keep the halo from being pushed against the projector?

I've tried to install this set I have on TWO face-lifted sedans (2003 and 2005 ZHP's) and neither could be done without further modification...

Do you, by chance, have some install pictures showing the black trim clearing the halo? On the passenger side the trim pushes against the (open) positive sauder point, on the drivers side it pushes against the clip itself. We only tried the Drivers-side on the 2005, same thing, pushed against the clip...

Thanks!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.