E46 Fanatics Forum banner

Can someone give me more info on muffler delte

3K views 21 replies 15 participants last post by  MannyC 
#1 ·
I called my muffler shop and they said they would do it for 60$ and weld the tips on for free.

My question is i can't decide what kind of tips i need. I don't know if i need two single tips or one duel output?

The stock exhaust has 2 pipes running on the way to the muffler but im just a little confused on what kind of tips i need please help

#11 ·
got mine done for $80 with no tips, had to get a muffler recently though because it got ridiculous with headers. $60 is a great deal, you can find a good set of tips for $40ish

#17 ·
I did the muffler delete for $80 in NJ. took forever to get my car on the lift but was worth it. Now, when Im close to redlining the car, I start hearing a teapot kind of sound when its boiling hot. sort of like a supercharger :rofl:
and still have it right after the job was done.

You might be in for a surprise.

#18 · (Edited)
Dude, dont cut off the muffler. Cut out both resonators. It sounds plenty strong. I would make a video for you right now, but I have my car apart waiting for an alternator. I have heard muffler delete and muffler with resonators deleted side by side. The car owner with the muffler delete even agreed mine sounded better.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.