E46 Fanatics Forum banner

E46 Sub/Amp Install

14K views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  StereoInstaller1 
#1 ·
Alright, so I have installed subs and amps for quite a long time. But I have never dealt with a LOC (line out converter). I have a 2002 325i, non HK system. I have a line out converter, (Raptor LOCA25 to be exact). The damn thing did not come with any instruction manual at all. Thus far, I tapped into my left 6X9, and wired the LOC. It came with 5 wires to use, a brown which I assume in a ground, a white and white with stripe, and a black and black with stripe. I am assuming the ones with stripes are the negatives. My amp turns on no problem, RCAs are connected, grounds are good. But I am not getting any sound. What am I doing wrong? I faded the sound to the rear speakers as well and no subs.

#4 ·
Maybe the polarity is off if you split both channels on the amp off of one sub line? Also, I have a 325i, non HK, non cold-weather package. I'm not sure how to tap into the rear deck speakers. It looks to be completely sealed off from the underside in the trunk and the seats don't fold down either, so taking the rear deck speakers out seems like a big hassle for a small project that I'm working on. How do you get to those speakers without removing the back seats?

#7 ·
I did nearly the same thing and have the same problem with my '02 325ci non-HK business CD system. I'm not sure if the problem is my LOC is not compatible/working, or if I need to tap into the wires going into the factory amp instead of the rear deck speakers. I want to try tapping into wires going into the factory amp, but after much searching, I still cant find a wiring diagram for my car. I found several posts with a lot of info, but my factory amp has one large black connector going into it instead of 1 gray and 1 black connector.

Any ideas???

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.