E46 Fanatics Forum banner

Is this modification possible?

1K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  DHK 
#1 ·
I've recently come into possession of a 316ti E46 and theres something i've always wanted to do it.

Essentially I'd like to modify the back end so that the backwindow leads onto the back bumper, with the boot hinge now being the top of the back window.

I've probably not described it well but I'm wondering if this has been done before or is possible?

#2 ·
Anything is possible. We just landed a fn robot on mars again.

That said, how can I put this politely? You don't want to think like this, especially since you just got a 10 year old bmw. You have many, many, many more fish to fry. Many!

cooling overhaul, ccv, vcg, plugs, cabs, tires, and about 50 other things. Your next few years are pretty much booked solid learning about your new ride and working on it to keep it running. Swear to g-d!

#6 ·
If you just got the car, the car is undoubtedly much more in need of you in the engine bay and underneath.

It is a fugly rear, but lucky for you, your car probably isn't the fugliest color...Fern Green! You really shouldn't buy cars so ugly that the first thing you want to do is chop it up. Embrace the ugliness, OP. Play a nice round of links and forget all about it! LOL

#7 ·
I quite like the ti. I nearly bought one but the thing that kills it for me is the headlights and tail lights. Headlights are just ugly, tail lights look like some teenager who just watched Fast and Furious designed them. Other then that I really dig that car.

In all seriousness though doing that to the back end will cost 3x what you paid for the car and make it impossible to sell.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.