E46 Fanatics Forum banner

What a string of bad luck this week!

1K views 14 replies 7 participants last post by  NickACS 
#1 ·
Man, it was one of those past weeks :mad: :banghead:
Get this:
Monday - Hit *something* on the highway that landed into my mesh grill and lower front end. Luckily, the Stoneguard clear film protection protected the paint! :thumbup: But still, my mesh grill needs to be straightened out

Wednesday - Got pulled over by a f-ing ahole cop that had nothing better to do. Got 5 (yes 5!) citations in one sitting, incl a warning to take off my 5% side tint. Yea right buddy! :flipoff:

Friday - Bring the car over to the bodyshop to get it on a lift so we can see some new interesting mod I might do. The new gopher kid gets in my car, gets out when the car is on the lift and when he got up, something in his back pocket got caught in my leather seat and made a nice long scratch/light knife-like rip going straight across the bottom

Today - Lowered my rear windows and the driver's side window makes a funky noise when it gets to the bottom of rolling down and somehow comes off the track. Got to wait till Monday to get it fixed. So now I can't drive around this weekend trying to move into a new house because its raining and I have a window that won't go up!!

Sorry to vent, but damn, can't believe all this bad car luck this past week!! :dunno:

See less See more
#2 ·
Ouch!!!

Get that window fixed first (of all the mishaps that has happened). What were the citations? Maybe I should be on the lookout too.

#3 · (Edited)
Dev said:
Ouch!!!

Get that window fixed first (of all the mishaps that has happened). What were the citations? Maybe I should be on the lookout too.
Yea, I gotta get that done first thing Monday. I got pulled over in olde town Roswell. I heard from several coworkers that Roswell cops are one of the worst! Great, and I am moving to Roswell! hehe...just my luck :rolleyes:

The 5 citations were:
1- Cop pulled 4 cars over because we failed to yield to a pedestrain "in" the crosswalk. Although the lady was just standing there on the curb!
2 - Haven't switched over my MD license to GA, and he says that had to be done the 1st 30 days I moved here. Yea, this one is my fault. Going this week to get that done! Hoping this might get thrown out in court.
3 - My insurance card expired on 6/2/02! I have the insurance, but the card was sent to my old MD address. So this will get thrown out in court.
4 - Cop gave all 4 of us a warning citation because he *thought* we were speeding. Although, none of us were..Just a waste of time writing a ticket for just a warning if you ask me!
5 - Warning to get the limo tint off. Like I said before, yea right!

Oh, and while he was at it, he said "I don't like your blue lights" in the front, referring to the glass tint on the RD fogs. Too bad they light up yellow! He didn't say anything else about them, but still he has no right to say anything about them. They don't light up blue and since fogs are optional, nothing more he could do anyways.

Uhhh...Sometimes I wonder about the police! And he was like 60 years old...Had absolutely nothing better to do than to follow me and see if I'd do something :confused:

#4 ·
bro, that all sucks....but look at the bright side. You have absolutely the phattest looking front bumper you could possibly put on an e46. It's called the Tornado or something, right? I think that thing is beautiful.....and somewhat subtle....which is nice.:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

How much painted and installed....if you don't mind my asking?

#5 ·
Sean - Thanks bro...Yea those other 2 tickets should get thrown out in court :)

Mc - Thanks for the compliments. Yes, it is the Racing Dynamics Tornado full front/rear bumper replacements. The kit is not cheap. About $1150 for the front alone and $900 for the rear. And that is without painting! :yikes:

#10 ·
RyanDe680 said:
Nick that sucks. Sorry to hear about your bad week. I, like you, would be like this guy --> :banghead: What was the intial pull over for by the a**hole cop?
Thanks Ryan :) The intial pull-over was because 4 cars failed to stop for a pedestrian standing next to a crosswalk!! The cop was 2 cars behind me and there was 1 car in front of me, for a total of 4 of us. As soon as the 4th car went through, he proceeded to go around all of us and stop in front of the 1st car and told us all to pull over. There is a sign next to each crosswalk that says "State Law - Must yield to pedestrains in crosswalk". But does that mean if they are just standing on the side?!? I mean if they were in the middle, of course I'm gonna stop! grrr :mad:

Anyhoo, that is the only ticket that may stick with me...But we'll see on court day! hehe

#12 ·
NickACS said:

Thanks Ryan :) The intial pull-over was because 4 cars failed to stop for a pedestrian standing next to a crosswalk!! The cop was 2 cars behind me and there was 1 car in front of me, for a total of 4 of us. As soon as the 4th car went through, he proceeded to go around all of us and stop in front of the 1st car and told us all to pull over. There is a sign next to each crosswalk that says "State Law - Must yield to pedestrains in crosswalk". But does that mean if they are just standing on the side?!? I mean if they were in the middle, of course I'm gonna stop! grrr :mad:

Anyhoo, that is the only ticket that may stick with me...But we'll see on court day! hehe
Wow.. That's super cheap. We have those signs here by crosswalks too in the suburbs outside of Chicago, but somehow, whenever I am in the crosswalk, no one seems to stop. Old people usually do. If I were to just walk out thinking someone would stop because I am in the crosswalk, I'd be road pizza.

I hate cops that pull over multiple cars too. Thats ridiculous.. :thumbdwn:

Hope next week ends up being better!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.