E46 Fanatics Forum banner

Did all E46s that have the sport package come with sport seats?

6K views 33 replies 26 participants last post by  wildirish317 
#1 ·
#3 ·
Biggest giveaway is the window trim. If it's not shadowline, it's probably not the sport package. Most people are too nervous to take the window trim off because it's really expensive to replace, pretty fragile, isn't well documented on how to take it off, and uses really strong clips rather than screws.

I'm fairly certain all 2-door coupes came with a 3-spoke wheel. The E92 does that as well.

#12 ·
Most people are too nervous to take the window trim off because it's really expensive to replace, pretty fragile, isn't well documented on how to take it off, and uses really strong clips rather than screws.
Right, I busted the clips getting the window trim off my E60. Didn't realize you have to push it OUT not pry it UP. The trim wasn't damaged, but I had to buy a few clips. Had to get it off to change out creaking door seals. :clap:

#4 · (Edited)
Coupes all come with the sports suspension standard at least. I think they include the 3 spoke wheel also. The one you linked to doesn't have the sport package wheels (maybe 2002 had different sport wheels tho) or sport seats. Those seats don't look like mine (I have sport seats).

#5 ·
that bmw does NOT have the sport pkg, but all coupes came with the sport wheel and suspension as stated before... i think those wheels are the sport wheels though for coupes.. but if you swapped in the sport front seats youd basically have a sport pkg then.

#34 ·
Thanks for the link!

#16 ·
to OP no that car does not have the Sport Package (ZSP)

Sport Pacakge as you asked will get the Sport seats. All Coupes get the Sport Suspension and Sport steering wheels. But Sport Package varies slightly by model. On that year, I believe besides the "sport" seats and different wheels may also (not sure about Clear turn signals) .

#18 · (Edited)
My 2000 328Ci came with heated non-sport leatherette seats, 16 inch wheels, 3 spoke steering wheel, and sport suspension... go figure. I always assumed the dealer swapped out the rims or the seats or something.. seemed like a really weird combo.

#29 ·
As mentioned many times, all coupes after 2001 came with sports suspension and 3 spoke steering wheels standard.

What sport package would add are sports seats and 17" wheels.

For anyone thinking 16" wheels wont clear 330 brakes, its not true. There are some wheels that will clear 330 brakes although being 16".

However, the linked car has style 79 wheels which are 7x 17.

Sport package wheels are generally staggered or at least 8x17 all around.

Only ZHPs came with the shadowline trim. All non-m coupes came with chrome trim.

Some facelift 325 sedans came with matte black trim.

OP, that car is premium package(I see HK logos on the doors) but not a sport package car. If thats the car you like, go for it, as it is only missing the sports seat. You can swap them over or keep them as it is. But I would never give up my sports/heated seats. I'm bummed because I couldn't find any with the lumbar support.

Now just for kicks, dont mistake it for zhp because it has chrome gauge rings. :hi:

#32 ·
As mentioned many times, all coupes after 2001 came with sports suspension and 3 spoke steering wheels standard.
actually all E46 Coupes, even the 2000 came with Sport suspension in the USA. just the early Coupes had the different "triangle airbag" 3 spoke Sport steering wheel prior to the later 3 spoke Sport
What sport package would add are sports seats and 17" wheels.
don't think the earliest 323i got 17" wheels ZSP
For anyone thinking 16" wheels wont clear 330 brakes, its not true. There are some wheels that will clear 330 brakes although being 16".
However, the linked car has style 79 wheels which are 7x 17.
Sport package wheels are generally staggered or at least 8x17 all around.
Only ZHPs came with the shadowline trim. All non-m coupes came with chrome trim. Some facelift 325 sedans came with matte black trim.
actually the base stock models 323i/325i had matte black, but lets not mix the sedans in with Coupe thread
OP, that car is premium package(I see HK logos on the doors) but not a sport package car. If thats the car you like, go for it, as it is only missing the sports seat. You can swap them over or keep them as it is. But I would never give up my sports/heated seats.
that year 330 got the HK as standard equipment from what i recall, even if it wasn't it was a stand alone option.
Now just for kicks, dont mistake it for zhp because it has chrome gauge rings. all 330 coupes have chrome gauge rings, ZHP just will have the Red needles and raised rev limit(have feeling you know that already):hi:
see notes above in BLUE.
Sport Package changed in the years. Also between models so it's hard to put down.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.