E46 Fanatics Forum banner

Good idea to get these?

4K views 27 replies 9 participants last post by  aahmed2016 
#1 ·
Well I was derping around on eBay, [Yeah, broke rule #2 about e46Fanatics.] and I found this, http://www.ebay.com/itm/350602681365?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649 Well 5 bucks for 2 halogen H7's doesn't seem bad- at all. I'm waitng for it to ship in, and I thought I should also ask here. I would like to have super white headlights, and this seems good, has anyone bought these, or a semilar temp headlight? If so, How much did YOU pay, how did you like the color, and would you suggest?
kthanxbai.

#2 ·
I once saw a place selling similar looking bulbs for 99p each (around $3.20 for the pair). I was curious as you seem to be so I picked some up. Immediatly one burned out, so I took it back for a replacement... Anyway they were definately whiter but the amount of light produced was very low...

#8 ·
OEM headlights. $1000 a side (if you're lucky and can find the link to the OEM units sold by a french company.

Or you can buy used. Maybe $500 a side?? Then fully rebuild them for an extra $500 or so (new bulbs, lenses, and exterior lenses)

Then possibly some wiring and coding to get them to work--not 100% sure what people have to do to convert. but it can be done

#17 · (Edited)
These GP thunder bulbs are 55 watts which is the same wattage that comes stock on your non xenon headlamps. They will not cause any harnesses or lenses to melt. These bulbs will give you a nicer white color as opposed to the ugly yellow bulb in there now.

#18 ·
OP, werent you doing a xenon conversion? I think I was replying to your other thread for the xenon swap.
Why would you put these bulbs on your car when you are going to do a xenon swap? high beams?

My zippo would light the road better than those. Dont buy them.

Get sylvania silverstars ultra from autozone. They are cheap and last a good length of time than the ebay craplights.
I'm not saying to stop looking at ebay(I got my interior LED conversion done under $20 from ebay), but somethings are just not worth it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.