E46 Fanatics Forum banner

Xtian's 2001 Alpine White 330i M-Tech1 Build-a-BMW

5K views 33 replies 23 participants last post by  Yassrab 
#1 · (Edited)
What's up guys! My name is Christian, I live in Los Angeles, Ca., and this is my build thread!

Bought this car on July 28, 2013.
Car has 119,xxx miles and is completely bone stock! I won't do much talking and just show you the things I have done throughout time. Thanks for looking and hope you enjoy!

As soon as I picked up the car, first thing I did was give it a wash and detail!

August 21, 2013.
First mod: I was contemplating on whether to lower my car or getting small parts like tail lights, sides markers, or angel eyes, but I went ahead and went with changing the tunes in my car considering that would be the most useful to me. I've been trying to look up used HK systems and finding all the parts and harness was just too much work and money for me. So i hopped on craigslist and found someone local to me selling his JL 300/2v2 amp and his JL 10" subwoofer. Picked up these two for $200.

don't mind the custom made subwoofer box. The guy I bought the system from gave it to me :facepalm:. I will be replacing it with a box matching my trunk carpet.

When installing my amp/sub, things still didn't sound right so I took out the front tweeters, 6" speakers on the front doors, and the two 6" speakers on rear deck.

:bawling::banghead:

Replaced them with some Sony 6" speakers.

See less See more
#14 · (Edited)
Update #1

Alright guys, so over the weekend I was planning on buying some clears all around but my car had some mechanical issues. I went ahead and changed my belts, pulley, and pretty much my whole cooling system.

Pic of the bad pulley that put me in a money hole.

Got rid of these! :thumbdwn:

I was still able to get my hands on some clears and bulbs. The little things that make a difference :thumbup:

Amber LED's

Some LED license plate lights. I like this small little mod cause it makes a difference.

#21 · (Edited)
Update #3

September 30, 2013.

Alright, I have two new mods up! Added some angel eyes and lowered my car!

Picked up some Tein-S Tech springs from a fanatic out in SGV area.

After picking up the springs, I headed to Nostalgic Garage in SFV and got them installed!

Prior to lowering on stock sport suspension.

Alright here it is!

Next up... Some shocks/struts.

#31 ·
Needed some new rubber all around and found someone near me, selling their BBS-LM replicas with brand new tires for dirt cheap! I couldn't pass this up! My car was looking super raked with the style 68's but I am now diggin' the stance a little more.

Thoughts?

Nice overall look & the stance looks mean!!!

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app

#29 ·
Wow looks great with the LM reps!! Always considered some.
Clean, looks fantastic.
That looks really nice! any info on the size of the wheels?
I think I preferred the look just before the LM reps but it definitely doesn't look bad or anything. Nice drop.
Thank you guys! I appreciate the comments! They are Miro LM replicas 18x8 et35 front and 18x9 et38 rear. I got the wheels for a cheap price to which why they are not in the best condition. The step lip on these wheels make the diameter smaller than the actual size of the rim.

I'm debating on going with another set of bbs lm in 19" or csl's in 18". Do you know who makes the best replicas for the LM style? Varrstoen, ESM, MM6? I do want a more agressive fitment like 8.5f and 9.5r.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.