E46 Fanatics Forum banner

We humbly introduce ourselves

16K views 78 replies 33 participants last post by  6spd_legend 
#1 · (Edited)
We are FSR Motorsport Creations. We are located in Southern California about 45 minutes east of Los Angeles and we specialize in high performance builds for a variety of clients.
We love big turbos

IMG_1860 by fsrmotorsportcreations, on Flickr

and big tires

Big Tire by fsrmotorsportcreations on Flickr

We enjoy road racing, drag racing, and roll-on racing. We have worked with podium winning teams in Formula D and Redline Time Attack.

Our rule has always been build it right, build it once. We are a R&D dyno facility for many manufacturers including AEM. We also work closely with other manufacturers including Turbosmart, Precision Turbo and COMP turbo to make sure their products are up to industry leading standards. We are certified installer/tuners for Cobb, ProEFI and AEM, Haltech, Autronic, Electromotive, HP Tuners, Link, among others, to provide tuning solutions for our clients with projects ranging from mild to wild and everything between. In fact, we are the only authorized Cobb Protuner in southern California besides Cobb Tuning.

Lastly, we are one of 5 worldwide beta testers and certified installer/tuners or AEM's fantastic Infinity EMS. These are currently available for sale for the Supra platform and we are working to get them available for the BMW platform. We've installed and tuned more of these units that anyone and with great success. We recently won a National Supra Dyno Contest with an Infinity powered car. Our goal is to be a trusted builder and tuner of BMWs in southern California.

We have created an online web store that features our custom turbo kits for the Toyota Supra and E46 BMW M3 (Coming Soon!!) in addition to tuning options for most platforms. We are able to get excellent pricing on most products including KW Suspension and we are happy to pass those savings to our clients. Please look here to start shopping.

We just love what we do and we're passionate about it. We've been in business for about ten years now, but quietly. We aren't trying to be a monster shop but we're looking for the right customers who want quality, creative work with a massive element of speed be it the road course or straightaway! We're well equipped to do it with a plethora of engine building, tuning, and fabrication experience.

Thank you for the opportunity to join your forum and allow me to share some pictures of our projects and facility:

E46 M3 joined by a 850whp Supra

IMG_4330 by fsrmotorsportcreations, on Flickr

E46 M3

IMG_4654 by fsrmotorsportcreations, on Flickr

///M Testbed

IMG_5192 by fsrmotorsportcreations, on Flickr

500+whp 335i: We are Cobb PROtuners, the only BMW Cobb Protuners outside of Cobb Themselves!

IMG_5082a by fsrmotorsportcreations, on Flickr

Beginning the build of a 1000whp S54 ///MCoupe

IMG_5054a by fsrmotorsportcreations, on Flickr

X6M in for upgrades

Picture 172 by fsrmotorsportcreations, on Flickr

Porsche 996 GT3

IMG_3747 by fsrmotorsportcreations, on Flickr

Another E46 M3 in for time on the dyno

IMG_3986 by fsrmotorsportcreations, on Flickr

Half of our workshop on any given day

We take advantage of our great weather on a daily basis!

IMG_4116 by fsrmotorsportcreations, on Flickr

The other half of our humble shop equipped with a full contigent of fabrication equipment and a Dynojet 424x LC^2 dual eddy current dyno.

IMG_5256 by fsrmotorsportcreations, on Flickr

Some of our fabrication

Dequina2 by fsrmotorsportcreations, on Flickr

4" 335i Exhaust by fsrmotorsportcreations, on Flickr

If you build it, we can tune it

1974 240Z powered by RB26 and controlled with AEM Series 2 by fsrmotorsportcreations, on Flickr

We understand tuning for reliability and longevity in addition to making power because we tune many race vehicles for King of the Hammers, Jeepspeed, and other desert racing classes. One hit wonders need not apply.

IMG_1820 by fsrmotorsportcreations, on Flickr

Apollo Performance 750whp STi, E85 through a cat! We hold several street tire AWD records with this car.

IMG_1614 by fsrmotorsportcreations, on Flickr

apollo WRX by fsrmotorsportcreations, on Flickr

We beat on our cars so that you know our products, tuning and installations can stand whatever you throw at them

m3e36 by fsrmotorsportcreations, on Flickr

May-05-2012-SpeedVentures 5-Blue 1215pm CP4_0276 by fsrmotorsportcreations, on Flickr

victor by fsrmotorsportcreations, on Flickr

May-05-2012-SpeedVentures 5-Blue 225pm CP4_3567 by fsrmotorsportcreations, on Flickr

Follow us on Instagram and Facebook to stay up to date on our deals, specials and projects._a_

See less See more
#3 ·
Stand up dudes right there.. I spent all day today with Ian and Erik of FSR. They know they're stuff and are just a blast to work with. We picked up almost 2 seconds on my 60-130 just by road tuning my M3 today. Pulling boost here, adding it there.. logging... I hope to work more with them in the future!

#7 ·
Looking forward to seeing some details on this turbo package.:thumbsup:

#14 ·
#15 ·
Welcome FSR! That speaks volumes on your tuning capabilities. If only you guys were in the Bay Area... I would love to have a local shop I could go to if I run into any issues. A drive down to LA isn't too too far :)

Definitely interested in hearing about E85- I'm sure everyone is in the same boat...

#16 ·
Welcome guys!!! Great guys for sure and thanks for helping Marcus, I had a great time with everyone!!!

#24 · (Edited)
There is a lot of mis information going around about the E46 applicaition. I'll try and address the big ones quickly and briefly.

Cams - We can control both...just choose not to in the basic plug and play setup because it is a bit above the average user, and poses no real immediate benefits contrary to popular belief. This was proven by the back to back dyno's of the HPF cars at are facility with their kit "controlling" the cams, and the ProEFI leaving it to the stock ECU, and we still made more power EVERYWHERE.
THrottle - we can control this as well, again, just choose not to on the plug and play kit. Jasons M3 was running both cams and the throttle at the track at points.

Plug and Play - this kit is as plug and play as any kit on the market for ANY platform. Like Alex at FSR put it, there are varying degrees of what people consider easy, or correct. The plug and play kit for the M3 has the map sensor, fuel pressure sensor, boost control, AIT, wideband, and flex fuel sensors pre-wired. You still would need to wire in any additional fuel pumps etc... The system itself...plug and play!

FLex fuel and traction control - dialed in and comes in the base cal. Traction control requires no additional wiring except if you wish to install a switch to turn it off.

The issue with the Z4m has nothing to do with the cams.

Hope that helps!

FSR is an excellent company and they are VERY competant with the ProEFI ECU's!

#31 ·
Welcome guys. Good seeing you here.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.