E46 Fanatics Forum banner

Anyone from St. Louis?

379K views 3K replies 108 participants last post by  Feffman 
#1 ·
?:hi:

#2,803 ·
Recommend shop for PPI?

Hi guys, looks like a pretty active group here in St L. I'm considering buying an E46 currently f/s in the area, but I'm not local. Can anyone suggest a good shop to do a pre-sale inspection for me? I'd like to get the car inspected before I fly in, make a deal and (hopefully) drive it home.

In case you're wondering why I'd travel that far, it's the exact car I want, rare color combo, right options, etc -- a very HTF version.

Any recommendations? Thanks!

#2,804 ·
I've had my car in at http://www.bavarianstl.com/. They do a pretty good job and I'm sure if you give them a call and set something up they would do a PPI. That's the only shop I've dealt with, though. A few other guys here might be able to give you some solid input as well.

What are you looking at, if you dont mind me asking?

#2,812 ·
Yo whats up guys! Welcome back Jay. And that sucks Randy. Just to follow up with our text, if the tow company is taking care of the costs, Don's Body Shop off 3128 Woodson Road did a good job on my front bumper. You've seen. Hit up Dennis at 314-429-2094. They do pretty good work and I have had no issues with anything they have done.

So this weekend I finally changed out my thermostat and waterpump. Along with that, replaced my transmission fluid. It wasn't too tough to do considering I had no idea what I was doing. Regardless, took me about 4 hours and everything was buttoned back up. Finally no temp issues. I wanted to replace the rear diff fluid also, but I didnt have a 14 mm hex. One thing I did find though, was a broken plastic panel just above the skid plate that WAS suppose to have been replaced by Bavarian. Not to pleased about that. I don't believe they charged me for the part, but it was under the "to-do" task I requested from them. I'll have to review my receipt. I'll be pissed if I paid for it. I also got a set of front tires, so finally new tires all the way around. It was a productive weekend for me.

#2,821 ·
So, the rear passenger window regulator completely failed last wednesday. I work right next to the dealership, so I gave them a call. It would be just shy of $400 to fix. ****kkk that. So I remembered my warranty I have on the car and turns out the warranty covers it. So, I got three window regulators replaced, since three were going out, I got a leaky power steering hose replaced, and they found that the cylinder gasket needed replaced and took care of it for me. $1800.00 worth of work for $100. Win.

Everything is about where it should be on the car. She still runs fantastically.

Jay, how long you in STL for?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.