E46 Fanatics Forum banner

Jake's M - 60-130 - 5.475 Seconds!

12K views 83 replies 25 participants last post by  Twin_Turbo_S54 
#1 ·
Got rid of swiss cheese looking MT's and went back to Nitto 555R's. Pulled a 5.475 last nite :excited: (previous best was 5.6).

Attachments

See less See more
#27 · (Edited)
I agree Mert is a schmuck but Neel of Apex has personally been to Turkey and witnessed Mert's cart put down what he claims. Mert is a raving lunatic, yes.. and every film he makes looks like h recorded it via a potato.. but I'm inclined to believe he may be telling the truth about the 4.x 60-130. I don't want to .. trust me.. but if you've seen his car (massive tires, carbon fiber doors, gutted, etc..) it would be possible, especially with the like 1200rwhp he's making.

#41 ·
I don't doubt that Mert achieved these times.. you'd need to know his history to understand the lengths at which he would go to prove something to someone. His dyno is in a barn on some rural farm.. his car looks like its hobbled together with zip ties and duct tape... I've seen the pictures.. and the videos.. there are no drag strips in Turkey if I recall.. but Mert is like a mad scientist out to prove to the world he can build the fastest E46 m3... he attempted to do this with the E36 M3 and that's what got him in hot water when he started selling turbo kits to customers before he finished the R&D.

#42 · (Edited)
I read that Mert did this in 4th gear. I'll assume this is the case. In 4th gear, 60mph is achieved at 3,600rpm on factory tires. Merts tires may be even taller which would make 60mph at 3,500rpm or less. Jake's M3 is running one of the fastest spooling small turbo's available (the 6766) with the HPF stage 2.5. As you can see from the dynos below, at 3,600rpm Jake is making 190rwhp. If he started with 190rwhp in 4th at 60mph it would take 10 more than 10 seconds to get to 130mph. Mert's M3 with those big turbos and without NOS is making far less than 190rwhp at 3,600rpm and you can't spray more than double the engine output using NOS or you will likely punch a hole in the piston. That likely leaves him with at most 300rwhp at the start which makes the 4.23 impossible unless his car was dropped from a plane. So something else must be up.

#43 · (Edited)
Chris,

First of all, congradulations on your success, I see your kits are going worldwide. I see Baris' AKA Providence's M3 as well, it is rock solid and performs very good. He is a very polite man, standup, and he let me dyno his stage 3 and I loved your stage 3, even with the old turbo.

Regarding dyno, I dynoed 997 (say 1000 whp) dynamics, thats 1200-1250 whp dyno jet, more than 2 years ago.
Since than I changed almost each part:) So now it should make even more power.

The way you connect strap IRS cars on dyno dynamics damages the wishbones so we aborted dyno runs.

1 single run at 700-800 whp and the wishbones are gone.

I also sold my Dyno for that very reason.

Now regarding videos, I never ended or finished my setup. Never went out for a video shootage. All of my vids, taken during testing various changes.

You or I can buy 100 units of go pro or sony cameras. This is an easy transaction.

I can put 15 cams into M3.

However, making a M3 powerful yet putting all that power down to road is a different task. This is where we differ.

All of my times were taken on regular highway surfaces. Yours on prepped track surfaces.

I have came up with 5,40- 5,49 s as my first 60-130 trial in April 2010. 2 1/2 years ago.

5,07 back in september 2010, E46 M3 TT.

Meanwhile, made a 4,49 s with my E36 M3 TT, may 2011.

The 4,49 s time of my E36 M3 inspired me a lot.

Worked a lot and achieved 4,93 s 60-130 mph, summer 2011. E46 M3 TT.

Worked more and went down to 4,63 60-130 mph, september 2011. E46 M3 TT.

Worked even harder and went down to 4,23 s 60-130 mph, october 2011. E46 M3 TT.

I have a video, it shows the 4,23 s run as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=penQeAX9IPo

Providence knows what goes on this side of the world and can tell you how real my M3s are.

As you can see, this has been a progressive period.

On the 4,23 s run we sprayed 125-150 shot. On S54 block I went as much as 300 shot, but spinned so much and aborted 300 shot.
Its amazing when the 300 shot kicks in.

Chris, wont tell you how we achieve the 4,23 s with the big turbos and etc. You will have to work around and find.

Just imagine your stage 2,5 cars go 5,4 s. There is a 500-600 whp difference between my M3 and your stage 2,5. So my 4,23 is normal:)

Providence AKA Baris knows my car and he knows how often we have tested the setups. We go to the same shop.....

THERE ARE MANY VARIABLES AND ALL NEED TO MATCH EACHOTHER PERFECTLY SO THAT THE 4,23 S TIME HAPPENS.

By denying my times you cant make me list the magic list. You need to find out.

I ve been testing different cylinder heads, different compression ratios, different turbos, different ring and pinions, different intake manifolds, different housings.....

Stopped by 4,23 as my newborn became my Priority. Best thing in my life.

Now as the baby grows, I have some more free time to work on M3s.

Chris, its not necessary to put massive tires.

As you cooperated with John Reed your times will improve, his a great man.

Meanwhile my 60-130 times will go sub 4 s. as I have some new strategies.

The sub 4s will come with zero nitrous.

Nitrous will be used to get sub 3,5 s runs.

What I can promise is to ask Providence to videotape my m3 where you ll see many details. Just let me go sub 4 and Baris and me will do some vids.

Chris, remember my times are on unprepared road surfaces.

On a VHT'ed track my M3 would do better.

I found ways of putting power better to the ground.
Twin 68 turbos make good power ;) and they need to be put down.

With the new techniques, I was able to improve my old times, was not able to make full runs. But the setup if faster and has more traction than ever before.

Even DSS axles' slack increased after the latest improvements.

Your priority was selling kits, with good quality. You did it.
You need to build kits, design, advertise... you got so many things to do. And you are doing good.

My priority was a very good 60-130 time, I am about to get it. I focuss on just 60-130 times.....

Sub 4. s is coming very soon.
For me its a big challenge to go sub 3,5 s. I Pray to have a sub 3,5 s 60-130 mph on road surface and make our E46 M3s take one of the first raws on the 6speed list.

J.Reed is a top notch man, he will help you a lot. Without J.Reed you would stuck to 5s 60-130 times.
I ll follow you and if you go faster than I do, I will be proud of you.
(remember you need to go faster than me on road surface :rolleyes:)

#44 ·
Chris,

J.Reed is a top notch man, he will help you a lot.
I ll follow you and if you go faster than I do, I will be proud of you.
(remember you need to go faster than me on road surface :rolleyes:)
Thanks for the video. Sounds good Mert and congrats on your new child. Better video footage would give you a lot more believers... Our car just needs some more track time and spray. John Reed will definitely help and we're hoping to be in the low 8's this year at the drag strip. We shall see. :)

Chris.

#50 ·
That would be great! :) would love if everyone in here could share som info with each other, so that everyone ends up a bit faster in the end! :)
That is the purpose of forums in my opinion!

Was snowy a little while ago, but now it has started to rain! Not long before winter kicks in for good!
And in Istanbul?

Humble thanks :)

#54 ·
Well, there are many bottlenecks.

I did test different exhaust manifolds, intake manifolds, fuel systems, this and that. Testing revealed different bottlenecks at various points.

"traction" is essential. RWD and traction dont always match.

If I were you, I would work on traction as your power is way more than enough to make some solid 60-130 times. I would solely focus on traction and wont spend money on power upgrades. Just my 2 cents.

After a certain point, the money you will spend wont turn back as improvements in performance. This is why I find HPF stage 2,5 a very good purposed kit.

Daily, lots of power to play with....

Just improve your traction.

#52 ·
Chris,

this is a dyno run, from june 2011.

Engine was 3100 cc, I was testing SLEEVED S54B31.

@ 3600 rpm 153 whp dynamics = 180 whp dyno jet.

A: 1,016 means % 1,6 corrected. So the power was raised by dyno computer by 1,6 % due to raise in intake temps. Intake temps were 31 C.

this was a 3100 cc S54.

I cant find the 3,5L dyno data as of now, will try to find it. Need to find the file.

With the 3,5L engine it made, if I remember correctly, 195-210 whp dynamics. Thats 240 whp dyno jet.

Now add to 240 dyno jet whp 300 whp nitrous, and you will end up with 540 whp to start the 60-130 mph test.

As the nitrous wont add 300 whp only, sometimes it adds more than 300 whp as it helps build more and more boost, I can tell you that I start with at least 550 whp to run the 60-130 test.

Back in 2009, Neel from Apex Speed was amazed when he saw my M3 putting down 845 whp (1000 whp dyno jet) with 91 octane pump gas. those were made in shoot out mode. zero correction. 1000 whp 3,2Litres, 91 octane.

After he saw the 1000 whp dyno jet, he got off immediately, ringed USA and talked to some friends of him, he was excited. He tried to explain where he could not as he was shocked.
The gist of the story was we made over 2000 dyno runs before Neel arrived at our dyno:)

Neel and I sprayed nitrous with pump gas, he wanted to knock the engine to see the knock limits, we saw the..............................limits. 845 whp base power on pump gas did not allow for n20. Learnt the knock limits of S54, at the expense of....

Opps, this 3100 cc S54 made 779 whp (917 whp dyno jet) @ ONLY 6000 rpm.
With no nitrous. So at 6500 rpm we are over 1000 whp.....so on and on.

Imagine, it does rev to 9200 rpm....

Dont want to take your time, S54 and M3s are my passion.

#57 · (Edited)
how strong is the S54 block?

lets see some block x-ray shots :)

need to get more traction, a hint:)

my friend Cem, he is a top notch guy, trying to warm the tires...

E36 M3 S50 B32,
VERTICAL MOUNT & GT4788

Cutting bellhousing, rotating, rewelding to make it a VERTICAL S50 B32

my 1st M3, lovely individual color.

this is how the color looks. This is the 4,49 s running M3....

Me and the S54 engine bay with some direct port n20, one of the 68 mm turbos up top.

before a "test" :)

on the dyno, front fenders removed to avoid paint damage

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.