E46 Fanatics Forum banner

My build thread

5K views 15 replies 7 participants last post by  SJZach 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi,
I've had my e46 for a couple years now and have done a few mods.

2001 325xi 130k

Day I got it

First mods were Led taillights, smoked corners/sidemarkers, and angel eyes, also replaced those foggy headlight covers. all from Khoalty

After plastidipping the wheels (Biggest mistake I made so far-does not come off like the videos haha) I went to Bimmerfest East 2011

Last spring I picked up some 18inch ASA Ar1s for 120 bucks for all 4! Some were bent and needed work so I had those fixed and mounted some new tires on them. Still need to fix the lips up, but thats a project for this summer.

Also Installed the dice media bridge and recovered my a,b,c pillars and center console in paisley fabric.

Then I headed up to Eurofest.

spotted Mostarac's car lookin good, as I waited forever to hear the raffle. :lmao:

got some black grills

family of enthusiasts

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I know this look's like 90% of the other build threads on here these days, which have little progress. This summer I have some pretty big plans though (for a college kid that is) haha.

See less See more
#12 ·
thanks man! looks better in person and I think it really goes along well with the tan interior. I also wrapped my worn out center console with it however I may swap it out for a black one.

I'd just recommend you go with a fabric that is on the lighter side rather than the darker side. my dad wrapped his pillars in this blue fabric and after a year it is super faded. good luck I wanna see some pics if you do it :thumbsup:

#13 · (Edited)
thanks man!

I actually ended up not ordering the DMS as rogue said that they were going to be out of stock until august. I bought a scorpion from Bav Auto and it is getting installed tomorrow. they will also be replacing the post cat o2 censors. If the exhaust is too quite for my liking I may remove a resonator in the future but we'll see. I'll post pics of it installed tomorrow.

#15 · (Edited)
Here's a pic with my friend ryan's Silver 335 at the euro philly cheesesteak run.It was a lot of fun we saw lots of nice cars.

I got my scorpion exhaust put on and I love it! It's definitely louder than I thought it would be. has a nice deep throaty sound but isn't too loud. definitely pleased for the price.

#16 ·
haven't been on here in a while. My dad recently was looking into a misfiring issue i had while I was away. He ended up taking the car for a drive an forgot to latch the hood. log story short....I need a new hood haha. I was thinking about going the carbon route but don't think I have the funds to get the carbon hood painted. On an orient blue I think an unpainted carbon hood may look stupid. So I am leaning toward doing a facelift oem hood.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.