E46 Fanatics Forum banner

FSR Turbo Manifolds Ready

8K views 39 replies 21 participants last post by  Providence 
#1 ·
#8 ·
Is there advantage or disadvantage putting the wastegate on the turbine housing? It probably is due to space constraint. Also, it seems like it is great for boost control, but I wonder would it affect the exhaust flow through the turbine housing at high boost?

#9 ·
Not an Expert, but from everything I've read, it's the best way to do it because it allows for great control of the boost, but it's usually not done because of the work required to weld to the housing. If you dig through drag racing forums where guys are building huge 10.5 cars and stuff they seem to do it pretty commonly, so I can't imagine there's too many issues at high boost levels.

#14 ·
Looks like a well planned/designed kit :thumbsup: I'm definitely looking forward to seeing the results, especially the different intake manifold/turbo combinations.

This is a completely different kit that was designed from the ground up. If you want to run the FSR exhaust manifold you would need to also get their downpipe (or make modifications to your current one), change your intake setup, change your intercooler piping, oil return, etc.

#18 ·
Any updates on these exhaust manifolds?

#19 · (Edited)
I'm curious to see some dyno runs with this manifold and WG location. We ultimately moved our WG to the turbine housing and made our header a twin scroll with the wg divided to the gate. Boost control is pretty optimal. I have ~150 dyno pulls with 4 different turbine housings on our kit with several exhaust combinations so I have plenty of data :D

#26 ·
Saw the work that FSR has been doing lately and I'm very impressed! Best ProEFI install bar none...can't even find it lol.
I encourage anyone in the area to stop by and check their shop out...great guys and great work.

#30 ·
I won't have back to back comparison but Sound Performance will be dumping my car with the FSR manifold next week most likely so we can compare with my steed speed setup as the only major engine mod I changed is the exhaust manifold so the dynos should show a decent comparison

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.