E46 Fanatics Forum banner

what you guys think of shaving off coupe side moldings?

• YEAH WILL LOOK CLEAN N HOT

Votes: 17 32.7%
  • NO will look stupid

Votes: 35 67.3%

what you guys think of shaving off coupe side moldings?

5K views 43 replies 30 participants last post by  Loose_cannon 
#1 ·
what do you guys think about shaving off side moldings on a coupe? anyone got pics or pshop?

#30 ·
e46sick6 said:
shave before you go see some girls, otherwise let it be hairy.
Is that why your name say sick in it :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

We are talking about molding here :banghead: too funny.

I say leave it Amit.

#34 ·
color_wolf said:
can someone tell me how exactly does shaving the door handles work ?? How does the door open ??
Well, to make it short. It's basically from what i understand is two mechanism. One mechanism puts on the cable/rod that opens the door like if you were to use the handle. And another mechanism pushes the door open a bit so you can pull your door open. All via control of a remote control. But, if your remote were to die or ran out of juice, then you're sh!t out of luck. Better hope you have an extra remote. And another thing is that, I believe that shaving the door handle in California is against the law. Not like having no front plate, but it is considered unfair for the driver and its passengers. Since if you were to get involved in an accident, no one will be able to help you if they can't open the door from the outside right? And I was told that it's a hefty fine for a fix it ticket. No quickie way to fix it except to replace the door. But this shaving the door handle has been done many times before especially among the "ricers" so to speak. But hey, do what you want cuz it's your car and you have to drive with it at the end.

JT

#36 ·
shaving the side molding takes away the line flow from the rear bumper to the front bumper. If you look at where they placed the side moldings, it flows in a perfectly straight line from the fron of the car to the back. To shave the moldings would make the cars's lines stop abruptly and look odd. Keep the moldings I say.

-Cyberhide

#38 ·
thanks everyone taking all your replies into consideration

:thumbup: and for the few that in on the confidential plans of what actually is going on with my car during all this time ...SHHHHHHHHH:tongue:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.