E46 Fanatics Forum banner

Learning and living with my 330Ci

8K views 21 replies 14 participants last post by  CJin2552 
#1 · (Edited)
I picked up a 2001 330Ci last summer after a lots of looking and plenty of research and thought it would be fun to discover the joys and sorrows of owning a BMW.

I do photography part time but haven't really done much with video so I thought I would build a series of films that show what it's like to own a Bimmer, learn some film making techniques and maybe get together with some of my friends and do some drives.

Being in my middle 40's, I don't think that I fit the demographic of the typical 330 owner, but I share the same passion for my BMW as any e46 fanatic!

I built a website, www.bimmerlicious.com to post my experiences on and locate my short films (wordpress, it took, like half an hour to build) - it's only been up since last weekend so the content is pretty thin....

So here's my first couple of attempts at film making... They're a bit clunky, but I hope to produce some vids that keep you coming back to view.... Just waiting for the frickin' rain to stop, here in Vancouver, so I can get out and shoot some more footage that isn't wet and grey...

Anyway, here's my vids... Hope you like....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nv1l4iCBCyc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xMeR0DSRAdQ

See less See more
#11 ·
Thanks!

I am in the process of writing a couple different stories...
When I started doing this I was shooting first, editing second and then trying to build a story third... Turns out, that's the hard way of doing things...:banghead:

So now it's write story, shoot story, edit story... should be better... Stay tuned to see if it all works out :)

#19 · (Edited)
I am still working on my stories but things have slooooowed way down. Both of my kids play ball at a fairly competitive level and I am an assistant coach on both teams. This past season the boys played on opposite nights and when combined with practices and tourneys means I haven't had enough spare time to do anything, let alone find the time to chronicle my ownership tales.

And now, all my photography gear is in the shop (including computers and studio lights) because of a burst pipe that flooded the bottom two floors of my house. Hoping to get that stuff back tomorrow.

This weekend I am on an anniversary weekend with my wife on the west coast of Vancouver Island and the road there is EPIC! Hwy 4 to Pacific Rim National Park is about 140km of twists and turns and mind numbing scenery - I sense a film coming on (mixed with the hassle of a front control arm job)....

So, long answer is "yes". When? Hopefully soon.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.