E46 Fanatics Forum banner

XM or Sirius based on user options, price, reception "blackspots" etc?

Poll: XM or Sirius

3K views 16 replies 9 participants last post by  radarcontact 
#1 · (Edited)
Which one does everyone prefer? Im just stepping up to the satrad setups and am open to both as I've heard them and cannot complain but I havent dealt with it everyday. Non-OEM

#3 ·
This Im aware of (as I hold some stock @ 34 flexing cents per share) but I have the JVC kd-avx 77 and the 3 options that are made for the radio are
XM- $80
Sirius- $90
Sirius- $130
...and wasnt entirely sure.

#13 ·
...I have the JVC kd-avx 77 and the 3 options that are made for the radio are
XM- $80
Sirius- $90
Sirius- $130
Im only looking at the options for add-ons to this unit which both are available but well noted on the OEM options.

#5 ·
I'm partial to XM just because I've had it since before the merge. Since the merge, Sirius took some of their DJs and replaced the XM DJs with them. I liked the XM DJs more. But what can I do?
XM is my 2 cents.

#6 ·
Which one does everyone prefer? Im just stepping up to the satrad setups and am open to both as I've heard them and cannot complain but I havent dealt with it everyday.
Being that there is a indefinite parts freeze on BMW Sirius, XM would be the reining choice at the moment.

Your only choice is XM Direct or a used Sirius receiver at this time.

#9 ·
Your only choice is XM Direct or a used Sirius receiver at this time.
Where did you get this info? Sirius has plenty new available units.

#7 ·
so... basically all programming is available on both... but you have to pay.

For instance, Stern is free to Sirius subscribers, but cost $2 month for "Best of Sirius" package on XM.

If you have Sirius, you can get "Best of XM" which gets you Oprah or some other useless crap.

The ONLY exception I know of is that the MLB baseball package (where they air all the games) is ONLY available to XM subscribers.

Also, if you have an OEM Sirius unit, you cannot receive the XM channels as the BMW module can't decode it (hence the new module coming out soon).

#15 ·
You can get XM and then pay a slight extra fee each month to get Howard Stern. After he left 92.3 K-Rock (NYC area), I stopped listening to him. That and K-Rock is now K-"Rap" (sell-outs!).

#10 ·
Sirius is awful, I absolutely hate it. If you're into lame b list "celebrities" talking about nothing on their own shows and even in between songs on the music channels you would probably love it but if you actually bought your radio to listen to music then XM is the way to go. I had it a while ago and took out my old receiver after I actually got a CD player so Im assuming it is different since the merger. I would still go with XM, Im not sure how much has changed but since I actually like listening to music that would be what I would stick with due to past experience with both.

#17 ·
Unfortunately they did merge, because XM's customer service SUCKS! So I guess SIRIUS either sucks too, or will suck soon! LOL

(Just this morning, it took me 35 minutes and 3 different people to cancel a radio on a car that I just sold. Then they asked me, had to be 7 times about buying a new radio for $29.00, which I difinitively said NO to all 7 times...pissed me off big time):banghead:

(Oh, and I never did get my $50 rebate...) :read:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.