E46 Fanatics Forum banner

Chinese rtabs

3K views 16 replies 10 participants last post by  maxi 
#1 ·
Just received my Meyle HD rtabs. Opened up the box, and OMFG they're made in China, WTF? Are these any good? Should I just return them and get M3 rtabs from the dealer? Appreciate all input, thanks.

#16 · (Edited)
We sell tons of Meyle products, particularly their Heavy Duty line. They have manufacturing plants in numerous locations - Turkey, China, eastern Europe, etc. Their HD RTABS are considerably more beefy than an OE bushing and will hold up much better in high performance applications. Plus, if you pair them with our urethane limiter set you've got a bullet proof combo for street and street/track cars. In addition to this Meyle offers a 4 year warranty on all their HD products... that's 2-3 years more than the "Stealership". Also consider we have minimal warranty claims with Meyle products.

Their "Heavy Duty" products attempt to solve problems inherent in OE parts. Their HD control arms have large, solid mounted ball joints. Their HD control arm bushings have rubber instead of fluid for a more firm and potentially longer service life. Their HD rear diff mount is a solid rubber design vs. the OE fluid filled and does wonders to solve the thunking diff issue.

Fact is even some BMW OEM brands are having their parts manufactured outside of Germany, outside of Europe, and even in east Asia. If you are ultimately concerned with where a part is made instead of just it's quality your only consistent option is the Dealer...

#17 ·
I see that Lemforder is good quality... I'm going with them for Control Arms, Tie Rod's, and boshing.
I have thier bushing for around 80k and have no problem with them at all ( eventhough our rodes are bad) , I just need to replace them now couse Im gonna replace the control arms.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.