E46 Fanatics Forum banner

Leather upgrade

2K views 13 replies 10 participants last post by  sgoetz628 
#1 ·
I just purchased a 2005 352ci convertible with black leatherette interior. I am looking to purchase black leather seats (heated)

1. Will any other years interiors fit?
2. Will M3 seats fit?
3. Any tips or tricks?

Thanks

#5 ·
definitely

#9 ·
The thing about used leather is that you never know how it's been (or not been) treated. Leather seats should be treated every six months. I doubt there's more than a handful of E46 seats that have been treated twice per year since new. I would opt for the recovering, if good quality leather is your goal. If it's not that important (it's not to me), then buy some good used sport seats and you can wait a while before deciding what to do with them. Leather seats can be made to look good even when they are not. Six months use usually shows the actual condition of the leather.

#14 ·
Yep, I remember briefly looking at the 323 when I stopped at the dealer back in '02. So many things, including leather, were optional, that the 330 seemed like a much better deal. And, of course, it had a lot more power.

Unless the leatherette is perforated, like in my son's Jetta, it's like sitting on those old-fashioned plastic sofa covers. You'll sweat your ass off since the water coming off your skin has nowhere to go.

Not only does leather look a little better (usually not so shiny), but it smells better - especially when the top is up, and breathes much better. Well worth the expense, if you have the money.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.