E46 Fanatics Forum banner

Where to buy SMG Pump?

23K views 21 replies 15 participants last post by  ///mteknikk 
#1 ·
Unfortunately, my car has been diagnosed with the dreaded SMG pump failure. I refuse to pay upwards of 2 grand for the pump from the stealership. Anyone know where to purchase one? I'm not opposed to purchasing a used one.

Thanks!!

#3 ·
Miles really have noting to do with SMG pump failure.. but normally it starts after about 70K... but if you search you'll find it happening in just about every mileage range....it just happens.. its part of the risk of owning a SMG..mine hat a little over 80K and running strong.. just have faith..lol and have a emergency fund. lol this may be stupid but im stock piling parts for my car..so far ive got a SMG pump fuel pump water pump and a SMG transmission :woot: i bought most of them before i got the car..lol

#9 ·
I found a used one from an 04 with 24k miles on it for $700. I think i'll jump on it.

#12 ·
Thanks for your business!:bow:

For those interested:

Part number for this is 21532229715 $1,884.53 @ www.getbmwparts.com

Just key in the part number here, and then add it to your cart to purchase!

:woot:

#20 ·
I have 2003 amg BMW m3

I just got stranded for the same reason. I just had my transmission done that was 4,500 , four months later now I need a amg pump. I feel your pain. I have 89 thousand miles. This is crazy. If you find a good deal please share. Thank you and good luck with your car. Teresa frm Texas

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.