E46 Fanatics Forum banner

Opinion wanted

2K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  VMRWheels 
#1 ·
Seeing as my car tucked away for the its winter rest, I am now spending my free time looking for an 18" rim for my '04 330Cic SilverGray. It currently has original Style 68 rims, but they need to be redone, so instead of spending money on those I prefer to step up to 18s.

I generally prefer OEM rims, but there are some replicas out there that I like as well. Yesterday a set of Style 261s came up for sale locally.

How do these look on a E46 Cabrio? I think they look very nice.

I am also looking at these replicas:

Cost is similar, but in I think I prefer purchasing an OEM wheel versus a replica, however the E9x M3 replica is bling bling compared to the Style 261.

Any opinions?

See less See more
#7 ·
In the end , I will go with what I like, but I would like some opinions as well.

Really the toss up for me is do I go for used OEMs that are nearly impossible to find "curb rash" free or for similar money do I buy new replicas.

Looks wise I think some of the replicas look great, more aggressive offsets available and they are new! However I think they hold absolutely no resale value, so its money thrown away. OEMs kept clean will always have some value on the used market, at least I would like to believe that.

Either way, I have all winter to ponder and look. If I can get a smoking deal on some OEMs I will do that, otherwise new replicas before winter is over.

For the replicas I am torn between these budget E9x M3 replicas or the Sportline CS.16 at twice the price! CS.16 are nice and light, so that's a huge plus.

Maybe in the end I'll just keep my M68s and buy new rubber for those.

I usually wrestle with decisions like this. I hate buying things twice and don't want to regret buying new replicas.

Good news is my M3 Steering wheel is on its way. That was easy decision to buy.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.