E46 Fanatics Forum banner

*Street Edge Coilovers Review *

270K views 1K replies 159 participants last post by  Rob43 
#1 ·
So I've had the coils on for a week and have driven about 2 thousand miles with mixed highway and city driving. I am coming from Eibach pro Kit springs with stock sport shocks with 70 thousand miles on them(they were not blown when uninstalled)
Here is when i first got the coils

Close up of the welds

During install

After :thumbsup:

Now my opinion- In my experience the ride stiffness is comparable to St Coilovers, and yes I have ridden in cars with both. I was worried that the rear of the car would become bouncy as with racelands, but I have not experiences any bounciness. The car feels stiff and planted. I have experienced some Low speed knocking sound fro the front with the coils on the lowest setting due to the helper spring not being compressed enough. Overall I am very happy with my purchase and I will not be returning the coils :hi:

See less See more
#12 ·
I just finished installing mine and when i came back to this thread i noticed OP's fronts were opposite of mine. And i barley even got a drop on the front.

My helper spring is on top and OP's is on the bottom. Whats up with that?

Attachments

#25 ·
Well I realized I didn't install the front shocks properly in the clamp. I fixed it and now it looks great!

Since this is a review thread I won't make another one. I agree with what op said. These coilovers are great. I'm riding on 19x8.5 235/35/19 fronts and 19x9.5 265/30/19 rears. M3 offsets 35et all around

For such thin tires I can't complain about the ride quality at all. Anyone who purchases coilovers should expect a harsher ride and these aren't even that bad. Well see how those cope in the winter time though.

Here's some pics.

Attachments

#26 · (Edited)
I installed mine the right way, small spring up top, but I have a lot of chatter up front, and it keeps on getting worse and worse.
The big bottom spring keeps on "unwinding" and looks like it will eventually slip over its top contact patch.
The ride quality is great, and the quality is worth the price... just wish they went away with the small spring on top

#27 ·
I installed mine the right way, small spring up top, but I have a lot of chatter up front, and it keeps on getting worse and worse.
The big bottom spring keeps on "unwinding" and looks like it will eventually slip over its top contact patch.
What is your ride height? Can you see any numbers on the springs? What shape were your top hats in??

#36 ·
I've been considering picking up a set of these but have some questions for owners. I recently put on 19" wheels and have the stock sport suspension on my '02 Touring. My purpose for going with coilovers is to kill the wheel gap. I'm not planning to track my car but I do go out for occasional canyon runs. I know you have to sacrifice ride comfort when lowering a car but I wanna stay as close as I can to the comfort of the OEM sport suspension. Would you guys say the Street Edge coilovers are close ? What about performance? Are they equivalent or better then stock? If not, can someone recommend a good set up? Thanks.

#37 ·
Performance is much better than stock sport suspension and the ride quality isn't that bad at all. Stiffer yes, but easy to live with.

For you guys who have noise coming from up front make sure the nut in the middle of the shock tower is tight. I had the same problem because my impact gun wasnt strong enough to tighten it past the lock threads. Used my friends gun after which was much stronger than mine and noise went away.

Take a look under the hood and see how many threads u have showing past the nut. Should be at least 5-6

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.