E46 Fanatics Forum banner

***2013 E46 Calendar Contest***

41K views 200 replies 88 participants last post by  I_LOVE_MY_330Ci 
#1 · (Edited)
Here we go guys/gals!

Instructions/Rules:
***8226; You must be a member of e46fanatics
***8226; Photos must be yours or given consent by owner
***8226; Any and all vehicles must be E46's (m or non-m alike)
***8226; Original file size (for print) needs to be 300DPI @ 8"x11" or larger please
***8226; No more than 2 entries/submissions per member. But please include multiple artistic shots
***8226; If 2 or more pictures from the same member makes it to the top 12 we will only choose top 1
***8226; Make sure that nobody is actually in the picture itself. This is not a modeling agency

How to Enter:
***8226; Post web friendly version(s) of photo(s) in this thread - we'll require the full-size version(s) later
***8226; Send email to smoothlogic33@gmail.com with a link to your post

Sponsors:
***8226; Sponsors are listed on each month of the year
***8226; The more sponsors we have, the cheaper this will be for all of us

Benefits:
***8226; You get to show off your sweet calendar at home or the office, or simply a holiday gift
***8226; Might be your car
***8226; Supporting a great cause while supporting your forum

Calendar Specs:
***8226; Size: 11"x 8.5"
***8226; Binding: Wire-O Bound
***8226; Drill: 1/8"
***8226; Paper: 80# Gloss Text
***8226; Count: 28 Pages
***8226; Color: 4/4
***8226; Cover sheet w/ picture

Please do not be reluctant to post pictures even if your car is stock. I cannot guarantee anything, but it doesn't hurt to give you a chance. After we receive approximately 60-70 entries with various different cars, we will create a poll where you can vote for your favorites to make the final 12. Very much like American Idol, except your votes actually count :D

These will be professionally designed by my roommate who is a graphic designer by occupation and printed by a third party company. Pricing is not set in stone yet but we assume they will be anywhere from $13-$20 shipped. We will be accepting international orders as well so the members overseas are not left out. We will be ordering approximately 150-250 depending on how much interest is shown, eliminating any shortages. If anyone would like the breakdown of how much this will be costing us through RPscan or Print Pelican please do not hesitate to ask.

*Lucky members in Southern California will be able to see these calendars first at any local meets we attend*

*Also if you're in Southern California, I can take pictures of your car for the calendar as well. I am not a pro by any stretch but if you need to use my camera (Nikon D800) you are more than welcome*

=========================================================
IMPORTANT DATES:

10/31-Final day for submission of photos. Please get them in before this date otherwise you will be excluded
11/1-Voting begins for final 12
11/19-Voting ends for final 12 at midnight
11/20-Selected members announced & calendars begin to go on sale
11/22- Final designs and imaging sent to print company
11/23-Company begins printing (tentative date)
11/28- Post spy shots of the final calendar
12/15-First batch of calendars gets shipped!
12/15-Poll for charity opened
12/31-Poll for charity closed (start my year off on the right foot)

Before my roommate and I begin on this exciting/exhausting conquest, we would like to get an estimate of how many people are interested in this idea. That will make it A LOT easier for us to scope the horizon.

Thanks in advance to all participants. Let the posting begin.

See less See more
#2 ·
If you're awarding the profits to a charity of unanimous choice, I guess you mean you'll be keeping the proceeds! LOL (You might want to re-word that, as I haven't ever seen one thread here about anything where we agreed 100%...just saying!)

Nice idea! Good luck with it. I won't waste your time submitting my POS stock car!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.