E46 Fanatics Forum banner

M stickers, So lame even the police hate you.

19K views 146 replies 57 participants last post by  YGOAMG 
#1 · (Edited)
Hey Everyone,

Today I was driving my sister home and noticed a cop following me. getting almost all red lights on my way home, I patently waited for him to pull me over every single time we started or stopped, but he didnt. At one of these red lights an Old Ford Racer (http://images.fineartamerica.com/im...bra--moffat-racing-australia-colin-parker.jpg somthing along these lines)
turned left, spinning his wheels and drifting around the corner. I thought for sure the Police man would totally go after an old ford that was doing excess of the speed limit, doing burnouts and general classyness. He Didnt.

So anyway, We continued driving till I eventually got onto the home stretch, almost home. Then out of the blue behind me, lights flashing and he pulls me over.

"Excuse me son, What model car is this?"
I respond with "Its a BMW 323ci,"
"But it has an M Badge son."
"yes, its a sticker...." I reply shyly.
He looks confused and then asks me to open my bonnet, at this point I knew I was safe, the moment there was no M sticker on my engine should give it away as not being an M. a couple minutes later he gently closes my bonnet, which means he hasnt shut it properly and starts wrenching at it, I sigh and he eventually closes it. He then comes back to my window.

"Yeah mate that badge is technically illegal, cause you arent supposed to be driving an M Series, its not a fine but it can get you taken to court."
I say thanks okay sure and he leaves.

So what Did I learn from this? That BMW has gotten with the government to not let anyone who doesnt own a M model have M stickers and that it should have me taken to court.

Looks like I'll be getting some TRD, AMG and FPV stickers to glue on to my car now....

~ Pythonis

Attachments

See less See more
#7 ·
Considered it, the wheels are pretty shiny, the back right hand one is also damaged... so to fix that I bought more wheels :p $50 for another 2 wheels, bargain! going to try and sell the set of 5 eventually though and get something smaller (maybe some 18s to get a bit more clearance around the wheels themselves :p)

#12 · (Edited)
Not calling you out or anything. But honestly, I seriously doubt that the cop didn't have better things to do than pulling over a 10+ year old BMW when there's a muscle car "drifting around the corner". Either your story is embellished or you made it up.

Yes, there are instances of the law enforcement being knob-jockeys, but they don't ignore hooning in any shape or form.

#16 ·
Lol I wonder who would have looked like the idiot in court.

I had an ///M badge on my old Z3 and even had quad exhausts at the back of it for a little while and never got any attention from the cops even though the actual exhaust was way to loud for the street. Anyway either the cop was a douche or just bored.

#24 ·
I have never heard of this. Here, you could paint 8 LITRE TURBODIESEL V12 on the side of your car and never get a ticket. Can you really get cited for a badge? Or is it more like getting cited because for some reason a certain engine is not permitted (in which case having just a badge shouldn't make a difference)?

#27 ·
Hi, I'm a noobie here. Funny story, but seeing you have a P plate I would be saying, he was more concerned about the fact that you were driving a car that doesn't fit into the power rating for P plate drivers. In saying that, it's funny how many P platers you see driving cars that are technically illegal for them to drive. Your Beemer isn't one of them.

#34 ·
Im gona put in my 2 cents. M badges and stickers go on wheels, steering wheels if you have an M stitched wheel. or door sills maybe a shift knob like it would come as if it came from factory on M sport cars. Never put an M badge on the back of a 3 series. Major fail sorry. Cop sounded like a prick theres no law for having an M badge on any car he was just basically reminding you that its a nono in a power trippin way.

#35 · (Edited)
Power rating? ARE YOU FROM NAZI GERMANY MAN! WTF move out of that sh!t hole. Jesus, do they tell you what chicks are too hot for you as well?? I'd tell him to go fvck himself and your bullsh!t government. Its just my opinion man.
LMAO. It is a bit that way I guess. When I got my license (Many moons ago) there was no such laws for young drivers, you could drive a GTHO Falcon with no issues. But these days, they do limit young drivers here as to what they can drive, no turbo's, no V8's. My daughter wanted an RX8, but again it's a no no here until she has her full license.

So you guys are saying no M sport badge on any 3 series unless it is fact an M3? Our 318i has been optioned with a heap of M sport gear & has M badges everywhere but externally. It's a BMW Individual.

#37 · (Edited)
I dont see what the problem is. It was the best thing the government has done limiting the cars which our stupid, irresponsible p platers can drive. Im hoping they up the legal drinking age to 21 soon too. The younger kids these days are becoming even more stupid then 18 year olds from 10 years ago.

#41 · (Edited)
And you think that 21-25yr olds + don't cause problems? I don't think the 21 drinking age is going to make a difference...
they cause less problems then 18 year olds....The real solution would be to change breeding from a right to a privilege though.

Oh, and there should be more police out there fining you for putting trashy stickers and wheels on your otherwise beautiful car....
me....? I have stock wheels and dont have any stickers on my car except a rego sticker...:hmm:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.