E46 Fanatics Forum banner

M stickers, So lame even the police hate you.

19K views 146 replies 57 participants last post by  YGOAMG 
#1 · (Edited)
Hey Everyone,

Today I was driving my sister home and noticed a cop following me. getting almost all red lights on my way home, I patently waited for him to pull me over every single time we started or stopped, but he didnt. At one of these red lights an Old Ford Racer (http://images.fineartamerica.com/im...bra--moffat-racing-australia-colin-parker.jpg somthing along these lines)
turned left, spinning his wheels and drifting around the corner. I thought for sure the Police man would totally go after an old ford that was doing excess of the speed limit, doing burnouts and general classyness. He Didnt.

So anyway, We continued driving till I eventually got onto the home stretch, almost home. Then out of the blue behind me, lights flashing and he pulls me over.

"Excuse me son, What model car is this?"
I respond with "Its a BMW 323ci,"
"But it has an M Badge son."
"yes, its a sticker...." I reply shyly.
He looks confused and then asks me to open my bonnet, at this point I knew I was safe, the moment there was no M sticker on my engine should give it away as not being an M. a couple minutes later he gently closes my bonnet, which means he hasnt shut it properly and starts wrenching at it, I sigh and he eventually closes it. He then comes back to my window.

"Yeah mate that badge is technically illegal, cause you arent supposed to be driving an M Series, its not a fine but it can get you taken to court."
I say thanks okay sure and he leaves.

So what Did I learn from this? That BMW has gotten with the government to not let anyone who doesnt own a M model have M stickers and that it should have me taken to court.

Looks like I'll be getting some TRD, AMG and FPV stickers to glue on to my car now....

~ Pythonis

Attachments

See less See more
#89 · (Edited)
Wow I haven't posted in a while but this has to be said.

You calling something ugly has no weight behind it.

You drive the ugliest car I've seen in my life and the fact that you more than likely paid a considerable amount for it makes that fact, to me, even funnier. Just my opinion ofcourse.

Walking out to a W201 that looks like that would make me die a little inside if I owned it, special history or not.

Everyone needs to wash the sand out of their vaginas over this guys personal preference. Each to their own.

#61 · (Edited)
If cops care more about badging than style of driving they missed the point and lack the fundamental skills of discretion necessary to do their jobs.

That said, if car did not come from factory with an M badge putting one in there is not only lame, knowing that its against the law to drive one it was an intentional flip off of convention and attempt to thumb nose at rules so I'm guessing that's actually why he's busting your balls. You wanted attention and you got it... Surprise.

M Sport in Europe with badges is M Sport. M3/M5/M6 etc with M badges is proper. Putting an M badge on anything else, even if you swapped in all the parts... Is playing pretend.

I might wear an MSport shirt or an MLife hat or get the badge tattooed on my forehead because I'm a fan of the brand, like any race team, or sports franchise or band. I'm not putting an M badge on my car unless its a factory built M sport. To do so is just playing dress up.

#65 ·
I love you all, I hope you know that.

M badge and shiny wheels came with the car, I have been worried about pulling it off incase its left an odd mark on the car :p

need to also pull out my back seat to make sure its an actual individual model, rather than a stock 323ci :p

I saw a cop today who drove right past me, gets me thinking he might have been a fanatic putting me in my place after all.

#79 ·
The cop only pulled you over because he couldn't tell the difference between M3 and a Non-M, so he wanted to make sure you weren't driving a restricted car on your p's. It's a legitimate thing for the cop to do.

It's could be like posting a sign on your house saying "Growing Weed" And then when the cops rock up to search your house and asking for an explanation, you tell them your garden is full of weeds.

Lol lame example but you know, it's baiting.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.