E46 Fanatics Forum banner

Aftermarket sound system

2K views 16 replies 8 participants last post by  Arty 
#1 ·
So first, I'd like to know how many speakers does an OEM 01 325i have, and their size. I'd also like to know if it is possible to replace the CD player and to keep the commands on the steering wheel. Thank you.

#2 ·
I can't believe this question hasn't been asked an answered 1000 times before, with photo DIYs, links to schematics, and guide for identifying which of the systems your car is fitted with and the options you have available. What did you find when you searched?

#16 · (Edited)
+1000
Incredibly, it seems that in this day and age no-one bothers to use the internet anymore and that forums are just an instant answer service, especially for a question that's been documented so thoroughly.
I guess it's easier to have someone else do all the work for you and then expect to be spoon fed.

#13 ·
I had a 3000$ sound system in my last car, so for me, OEM BMW speakers sound kinda crappy especially when the volume is turned up. And I know there should be a way to keep the steering wheel controls, but I'd like to know how. Yes I found out how many / which kind of / what size are speakers. But I'd like some pictures of what to do to keep steering wheel commands. I did not open it up yet, there's also the airbag matter. I'd simply like to get a link... Thank you.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.