E46 Fanatics Forum banner

M3 Sway Bars on Non-M

29K views 22 replies 10 participants last post by  simsima325 
#1 ·
After much searching I've found that yes the front M3 sway bar will fit fine on a non-M and be a decent upgrade ...

but I can't find any info on the rear M Sway Bar .. I'm gonna guess it won't fit, but you never know till you ask :)

So if it won't fit, the next best non-aftermarket option is an e46 vert rear sway .. correct?

Thanks!

#13 ·
I'm sorry but no ...

Members like him that give rude responses are uncalled for ...

I searched .. I read that entire thread he posted ...

No where in that thread did it say that M3 Rear Sway Bars won't fit .. there was no mention of them at all .. which is why I said I assumed they would not fit, and I just wanted some clarification .. a simple yes or no ...

Posting a link to a thread I've already read is not helpful .. since he already knew the answer he could have just said .. "No they don't fit" ...

I definitely appreciate the help I've received from members more knowledgeable than I .. but no reason for the attitude .. if it bothered him so much that I asked the question he could have just ignored me .. but rudness like that drives new members away from the site ...

#16 ·
Be nice.

Nice people help nice people.

For everyone that is curious why the non-M bar doesn't fit, it's because of the mounting tabs. The M rear swaybar is attached by 2 bolts (Similar to how the front swaybar is) to the rear subframe. The non-M uses 1 bolt and a slip tab.

It is possible to use an M rear swaybar on a non-M, but you will need to have the stock rear swaybar mounts cut, and have a steel plate welded on for the M bar to mount onto. For the trouble, you're better off picking up a complete front and rear swaybar kit from TMS or the like...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.