E46 Fanatics Forum banner

Bad front control arm

946 views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  Whinojosa 
#1 ·
I have been reading a lot about what brand is best and most reliable and I am thinking of getting mayle hd kit to replace my shot ones. Would these be good to get cause I have read that the fcabs make some road noise? I just want to make sure I order everything before I take it to the shop to fix.

#2 ·
#4 ·
OE is a rubber compound, which over time will dry out, rot, and then not perform as well as the polyurethane bushings that I can provide for you. Bushing replacements are fairly easy for any shop to do, I'd expect the fronts to not take more than 1 hour.

#6 · (Edited)
Meyle are rubber - just a slightly different/stiffer compound than OEM. These will have similar wear and handling characteristic.

Polyurethane (such as the P-Flex from ModBargains) will be longer lasting, yet harsher. I've got Rogue's polyurethane "Street" FCABs and personally don't notice a harsher ride. Modbargains has these too http://www.modbargains.com/Rogue-Engineering-E46-E36-FCAB.htm

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.