E46 Fanatics Forum banner

2nd Try: What's missing from my ESS TS Kit??

12K views 65 replies 10 participants last post by  wshgrntd 
#1 · (Edited)
Let's try this again!

I picked up this baby from Elio and I went thru the manual to see what little odds and ends may be missing. Elio has been nothing short of excellent in this entire transaction. This is the last step in our transaction to figure out what parts if any may have been left behind. We are hoping to iron this out in one shot with the help of other ESS TS2 owners and ESS Directly.

Here's the parts list :

Inlet manifold , qty =1
Inlet for supercharger, qty =1
Intercooler cores, qty =3
End caps with connectors, qty =2
Supercharger with 85mm pulley, qty =1
Oilventilation valve with hose, qty =1
Fuel rail spacers with bolts, qty =4
Bypass with hose and clamps, qty =1
3/4inch hose for frontelement 1,5m, 2,2m and 0,7m, qty =1
Jhonson waterpump with cable kit, qty =1
Hoseclamps 27mm, qty =6
Bracket for rerouting belt with spacer and bolts, qty =1
Bracket for upper radiatorhose with bolt., qty =1
Upper radiator hose, qty =1
Silicone sleeve between mas and trottle w con., qty =1
Serovoil cannister tank with 25mm spacers and b., qty =1
Oil for supercharger, qty =1
Front element with brackets and bolts, qty =1
Hoseclamp for brake vaccum and canister, qty =1
Fuel injectors red, qty =6
Plug for dipsticktube with clamp, qty =1
Extension hose for fuel rail, qty =1

From what I see going thru the install manual, everything I highlighted in red I am not sure I have. These notes are straight from the install manual

***8226; Now you will see 4 free bolts sitting on the frame in front of the radiator. The front heat exchanger element is installed on the two lower bolts (Pic.67). The front element comes preassembled, but you might have to loosen the bolts a little to make it fit. The two L shaped brackets are installed onto the free bolts (Pic.68 and Pic.69). Secure them with supplied ESS nuts and washers using a 13mm socket. Tighten all the bolts on the element assembly.

Install the ESS pump on the bottom part of the left inner fender. (Air filter side of the car). Hold the pump in the position shown in the picture below. Mark up where the bracket holes will be drilled (Pic.70). (Where is the bracket?)Remove the pump and drill two 6.5mm (1/4inch) holes using a drill (Pic.71). Install the pump using supplied rubber mountings, washers and nuts (Pic.72). Secure the nuts using a 10mm socket.

***8226; Locate the indicated red/white wire inside the DME box (Pic.73). Tap into the wire and connect the long red pump wire with the fuse holder

Secure the bracket using the supplied bolts (Pic.99)

Anyone care to help us out on this, it would be greatly appreciated. The oil is still in the charger, what kind of oil is it? I have two belts and the gasket that aren't pictured in case people are wondering. Chime in, I need to get this thing installed before it snows!

Thanks,

Fran

See less See more
#35 ·
Thanks for the repply Asbjorn. I triple checked the contents of the box and couldn't find anything so I definately they must have lost it during the customs check here, because the box with the small parts had been opened as well - I'm not surprised this happened.

I'll wait till the updated ECU arrives to continue the installation. Hope you can ship it super express or something ;) ;)

#43 · (Edited)
fmzip;6869220I would like to order the [B said:
dipstick plug[/B], the fuse holder, the bracket for the pump, a gasket, an upper radiator hose, a cap for the "gold" tube on the manifold and another set of all the nuts, bolts and spacers that come with the kit.

If you see anything else missing from the pics Asjborn, please include them too. Could you give me a total on everything and inform me how to pay?
^^^^Back to this post, everything in bold I need. You and I spoke about the radiator hose, we can skip that as discussed. I don't need the 2 long hoses either, I inquired about the appearance of them and if there were alternatives.

I also need both loctite products as mentioned previously.

In regards to this picture, I would like to order everything shown except for the clamps. If my silcone sleeve can be re-used, I would still like to order everything in this picture with the exception of the silicone sleeve and the clamps.

I would also like to to order the two vaccum hoses, fittings and clamps that are missing from my intake. The two hoses and fittings have labels on them as shown in this picture.

I am also missing a bolt and spacer on my pulley as pointed out previously. This is what it should look like, mine only has the one bolt and spacer on the left, not on the right:

I'd also like to order the short hose with the writing on it in this picture as mentioned previously:

Can you confirm that everything I stated in this single post is clearly understood.

I'll fax over my info when I hear back from you on the costs of everything listed. Can I please get a total tomorrow? Regular maill will be fine if we can wrap this up tomorrow or Wednesday the latest. Thank you

#44 ·
I'm surprised your used kit is missing those vacuum hoses, the spacers and etc...previous owner forgot them or are you getting extra stuff for insurance? I have plenty of loctite stuff leftover if you end up not getting them through ESS. Good luck man...it'll be worth it.

#45 · (Edited)
^^^What you see is what I got.....the troubling point is that I don't know "exactly" what is missing, I am comparing pictures and hoping ESS could look at this thread and tell me what is missing. At this point I want to order everything in my previous post.

I just want to make certain I have everything, if I have extra parts, I could care less at this point.

To answer your question, the two vaccum lines w fittings and clamps are missing, the pulley bolt and spacer are missing, the fuse holder is missing, the dipstick tube is missing, the bracket for the airpump is missing. I do not have the loctite(s). I fully understand with a removal of this kit, there would be a good possibility of a few things missing. Simple fix, just reorder everything that's not there.....

All the hoses and fittings on the silicone sleeve I would like to order because what I got with my kit has to many pieces, too many opportunitites for leaks in my opinion.

This is what I have in the two pictures:

This is the latest setup:

Hopefully I will get to install it soon....I am going to have a stock dyno done today.....

#46 ·
The elbow hose with writings seem to be replaced with a regular curved hose in your picture...But yeah, the vacuum hoses are gone, but at least the nipples are there. You can probably buy vacuum hoses that fit at an autoparts store along with the clamps, loctite. Good luck and keep us posted!

#48 ·
The bracket that pushes the upper radiator hose has to be modified a bit because it pushes the hose too much and it bends bad.

The ATF reservoir bracket has to be modified a bit too because the reservoir touches the TS pulley

The idle control valve bracket has to be modified a bit too because the 2nd hole doesn't match with the hole on the intake manifold

The belt routing diagram in the TS2 manual is wrong and the belt needs to go a different route to fit correctly. Either that or a longer belt is required than the given one. I'll provide a diagram later.

Label the plugs because the DISA plug is identical with another plug!

Just some info so that you don't waste time on the system installation.

PS: ESS your technical support is awesome!! I must have called around 15 times yesterday and you definately know the system inside out!

#50 ·
This is what Hans at ESS sent me for another reference. :) Hope you don't mind, Hans!

Anyhow, just want to say ESS service on the phone is top notch, but the email communication could be better. But hey, that twinscrew kit is freakin worth it. It runs too good to be true. Haha. :pimpin:

#52 ·
Awesome guys!....Silverman, you pulled the engine?? Why?

Asjborn, I sent you an email with my payment info since your fax number had an odd busy singnal this morning. Please confirm you received it.

Thanks for the footnotes Paraklas....I wouldn't have been able to figure out what I was mssing without your help.

My luck is still running bad, yesterday went to have my car dyno'd locally, they couldn't do it. They only had a chassis dyno and my car sits way too low. Oh well....

So I drove 100 miles to Stamford Ct to get the dyno done on a dynojet....Get there this morning and....the dyno is down for the day! Freakin A!...... The owner apologized for the inconvenience and offered me a free dyno at anytime that would work for me.

4 hours wasted today, two hours yesterday....I could had the kit half installed already! Still need to get a baseline dyno done....now I have to find "another" place unless I want to go back to Stamford CT!

#57 ·
Well my ECU is dead. Plugged it tonight to test the TS2 at last and the temp gauge went to the right end while key in position #2. This according to the things I read here indicates an ECU problem. The car would not start, just crank. No fuel pumped. All fues ok. Talked with ESS and they will ship a new ECU which I will have to re-align with my EWS. The dealer can do the realignment in 3 months from today (!!!!!) so I'll pray my carsoft interface will do the trick.

#58 ·
Carsoft works fine with EWS realignment. The new ECU has been prepared and will be overnighted out first thing in the morning for Saturday delivery.

Also do check all fuses to make sure they are OK.

Worst case we will extract the EWS code from your old ECU and code that into a new one here at ESS.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.