E46 Fanatics Forum banner

DAILY UPDATES

6M views 45K replies 4K participants last post by  yjsaabman 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Welcome to the daily update thread! Post any mods, repairs, whatever you have done to your E46!

Today I

Debadge the trunk lid (roundel still intact)
Added black grills
Yellow fogs
Clear front reflectors (PITA!!!)
6K D2S bulbs

See less See more
#12,762 ·
I used 8 gauge... Lol ya your fine you shouldn't have any interference

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Bimmer App
K.I just couldnt see why they both lit the the test light. Thats fine though, couldnt be wired any cleaner.I know i run same type of setup in every other vehicle but i blew my amp anyway i think. Gotta check it out when im back home. I just had to max it out. Rockford 800a2 @ 1 ohm pushin 1, 12" boston g5. Oops

#12,764 ·
Got 75% through my transmission fluid change and my fill plug snapped in two as I was putting it back in.

I've got classes to be at on Monday & Tuesday, and BMW isn't open until Tuesday because of Columbus Day. Then, hopefully they even have the plug in stock. My life is great.

#12,765 ·
Ya i got one of those $135 2000 page beasts and still find stuff not in there. I was referring to other vehicles in the past. I dont test on beemer unless i know for sure. Cant afford to make an problems. I tapped into the passenger vanity mirror light circuit for my signal wire otherwise original still. Couldnt find better keyed power source then that without goin to engine compartment

#12,766 · (Edited)
today i filled my tanks and put more fvcking coolant...

still havnt found why its eating the coolant so fast...

taking it to the shop this weekend
Buy coolant pressure tester and look Around on ground first. If nothin then keep pressure on and look in spark plug holes, might be hard without snake inspection camera. Then if nothing drain oil after letting car sit for awhile, coolant should come out first when you pull plug. What does your coolant look like and exhaust smell like?

#12,767 ·
Went out and tested my cornering theory...

Applies to:
"Yellow signs for suggested speed limit on curves"

I double it and then subtract 10mph from the total. Gives me a fun, safe driving experience without throwing everything in the car around.

Little bit more edge, barely holding on with the tires screaming every corner = only subtract 5mph.

Don't have the nerve to push it to the 2x mark, I really don't think the sedan can take that. I need sport seats for that too.

#12,770 · (Edited)

Applies to:

I double it and then subtract 10mph from the total. Gives me a fun, safe driving experience without throwing everything in the car around.

Little bit more edge, barely holding on with the tires screaming every corner = only subtract 5mph.

Don't have the nerve to push it to the 2x mark, I really don't think the sedan can take that. I need sport seats for that too.
I know a person :hi: who 2 times or sometimes closer to 3 times corners. With m3. 2 times would be a nice mild press for your ride. Good to hear, enjoy. Also i would think you could prob do atleast 7 times in school zones to really max it. Haha. Its a joke of course

#12,771 ·

Applies to:

Depends where you live, and who made the signs, and what tires you have. Those are recommended speeds, but they can ticket you for exceeding them if they want to. Pretty much the only way to have fun with these cars on a public road is to find a road with high speed limit and tight turns. Those recommended speeds are usually designed for an average car, with legal tires, on a dry road. Your findings should be good safe fun for a bmw with decent tires on a dry road. You can probably go much faster once you get used to a specific corner - but always err on the side of safety - you only die once. And keep in mind, other drivers, and limited visibility going round a corner. You are not on a race track - you need to keep enough reserve to dodge oncoming traffic drifting into the wrong lane, and kids who might be playing in the road. Single lane highway on and off ramps are usually a safe place to play

#12,772 ·
Buy coolant pressure tester and look Around on ground first. If nothin then keep pressure on and look in spark plug holes, might be hard without snake inspection camera. Then if nothing drain oil after letting car sit for awhile, coolant should come out first when you pull plug. What does your coolant look like and exhaust smell like?
im going to do the oil change soon so ill be able to see if theres coolant in there..

my coolant looks normal, color wise. And my exhaust smells normal too..

i think its the o ring by the radiator cap

#12,774 · (Edited)
I know a person :hi: who 2 times or sometimes closer to 3 times corners. With m3. 2 times would be a nice mild press for your ride. Good to hear, enjoy. Also i would think you could prob do atleast 7 times in school zones to really max it. Haha. Its a joke of course
I should be more specific, advisory limits on corners are what I am referring to.

A lot of the corners around here vary from 20-50mph. If someone can do nearly 150 around a corner.. They should kiss their ass goodbye! Lmao!

Obviously I'm not going to exceed the speed limit by very much, that would be considered racing! Lol. But I can do 40mph around a curve, when the advisory speed says 25mph and the main limit is 55mph.

It's always funny watching a tailgater try to keep up.

#12,776 ·
I should be more specific, advisory limits on corners are what I am referring to.

A lot of the corners around here vary from 20-50mph. If someone can do nearly 150 around a corner.. They should kiss their ass goodbye! Lmao!

Obviously I'm not going to exceed the speed limit by very much, that would be considered racing! Lol. But I can do 40mph around a curve, when the advisory speed says 25mph and the main limit is 55mph.

I have a roundabout near my house that unwind into an s-curve... Posted speed is 35. But 70 is so much more exhilarating!

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Bimmer App

#12,777 · (Edited)

We dont have advised speeds in canada. And i would never drive faster then the speed signs. Thats illegal. There could be kids chasing a ball out in the country too. I bought m3 for the body style:lmao: whatever you guys do dont drift a cloverleaf all the way in damp pavement and smoothly pull out of it. It doesnt matter how in control it feels. And dont go by peoples facial expressions or you wont know what is acceptable( one smiling and thumbs up, next one the finger and scowl of jealousy

#12,778 ·
im going to do the oil change soon so ill be able to see if theres coolant in there..

my coolant looks normal, color wise. And my exhaust smells normal too..

i think its the o ring by the radiator cap
Do you have coolant on ground or can you see any sprayed around from while you were driving? I dont think there is overflow tube to atmosphere but not sure.