E46 Fanatics Forum banner

Tilting Passenger Mirror: Facts?

3K views 7 replies 8 participants last post by  Swedishbrick 
#1 ·
I have a 99' 328i with Premium Package...which of course includes memory driver's seat...Can anyone tell me if my car is supposed to tilt the passenger mirror when i shift into reverse. I have tried putting the switch to the left and right, and nothing...People with 2000 328's seem to have this functionality when i do not.

Does anyone know if my car should have this feature?!....before i rip off the passenger mirror and make it tilt.

#3 ·
I have the functionality, but it took me two years to discover I had it (even after I had tried it several times). One day, I get in, roll down the windows, put the car in reverse and I hear the mirror move. Just a little, but it moved. Take her out of reverse, just a sliver of motion. Put it back into reverse, same thing. So finally, I move the mirror to every extreme position twice. Like literally as far as it would go. Then I put it in reverse. Mirror goes down!!!

Even now, after lack of use or what not, I have to move the mirror to all its extrema, then it will work. It's like it gets "frozen" or something. Try it.

#5 ·
is your mirror adjust switch on the left mirror? from what im told, if the switch is on the right mirror, it will not tilt..

#8 ·
lol, this feature scared the hell out of me the first time I noticed it. I throw it in reverse with the window down and all of a sudden: VREEEHEEEHEEEHEEEEHEEEEHEEEE! I had just bought the car 2 weeks before (and dumped $1200 into initial repairs) and thought "Oh god! What the **** now!?" :lmao:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.