E46 Fanatics Forum banner

Sat Nav install confusion, please help..

2K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  snowgoose 
#1 ·
G'day Gang,

Great site, well done to all. Please excuse my lack of beemer knowledge, have just bought a nice E46 Coupe.

Now the problem.

I have a MY2004 - 2005 Registered E46 Coupe with an existing 16 X 9 colour screen and tv, but there is no NAV GPS feature. There are no modules of any kind in the rear of vehicle, just some empty slots and no cables.

My main need is a GPS function with facilities for bluetooth to play itunes library and also the need for a reversing camera. I have had an audio installer look at the factory wiring infrastructure to try and fit one of their 3rd party systems (Its one if the Chinese ones you see everywhere one Ebay), but upon removal of the existing factory colour screen, they reported that none of the cables behind were compatible with installing their new unit. They were extremely surprised as they have done many of these change overs in many E46 BMW's, but it seems that my 2005 E46 is somehow wired differently so they were unable to install their unit.

The only other variable is that it looks like my E46 Coupe has come with the factory mobile phone option, although there is no actual handset, just a cradle (where the cup holders would normally be) in the console and an electrical pin connector underneath.

So is there another 05 coupe owner out there that has the same configuration that has managed to fit one of these ALL-IN-ONE GPS SAT NAV Audio systems ...or others that simply know whats happening here?

Appreciate any feedback possible

Thanks

Glenn

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.