E46 Fanatics Forum banner

Black Saphire E46 Touring - the mod history

1M views 2K replies 338 participants last post by  tuscan1205 
#1 ·
I picked up the car on Sunday evening and I started yesterday doing some minor modifications. This will be so much easier to give updates versus the ZHP...too many mods on that one.

First pictures - 100% stock

Modding begins - removed TX inspection and tax decals and the 325i badge

CLEANED THE ENGINE BAY - for those that saw it the first day - damn it was dusty

RADAR detector and Homelink controller being installed

Rear cargo area protective mat

First Aid kit (stocked with supplies) installed under the drivers seat

See less See more
#1,857 ·
Those BBS black bolts arent engraved like the red ones - they are imprinted and $450 USD plus shipping to find a set

I really like the chrome - it is the best of the sets and here to stay

But, I really did like the contrast of the red against the blue

#1,863 ·
the seats are great, I drove down to ocean city a few weeks ago (4 hours there and 2.5 home), they sit slightly lower, so plenty of headroom (I bought the adjustable brackets - so I could raise them another 1.5") - ride quality? They dont make the ride any different

I would buy the STR Stoptechs (Trophy Series) 1st - then tough decision between the Brembo or regular Stoptech

#1,880 · (Edited)
Sorry, but that is definitely NOT the only way to get the power bulge on a touring.......I just used the ///M3 hood. Bolted right on. (Using m3 fenders and headlights helped) haha (not sure why most of the conversions I see keep the facelift fenders, hood, etc)

Very nice touring BTW!!!!! Great color, clean and very well thought out. Every little detail is perfect. My 4.8is is le mans blue......oh, so gorgeous.

#1,882 · (Edited)
They are in fact, and the impact strip is at different height and angle. Marriage of sedan fender with ///m fender is required, but Imo, much easier and better than trying to bond aluminum and steel. My goal was to have a car that looked like a bone stock ///M3t. (Obviously, they only built one as a concept, and I in no way say that it is such....its just a 325it with an ///M body)(no ///M logos anywhere.......except the dead pedal.....I couldn't resist....haha)

http://db.tt/lRO65x8w

http://db.tt/dErx06JU

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.