E46 Fanatics Forum banner

Maximum PSI - E46 M3 Turbo Teaser

173K views 623 replies 147 participants last post by  MachRc 
#1 ·
Maximum PSI E46 M3 turbo setup. Stock DME tuning...

We will be releasing more information soon.

http://vimeo.com/24278821

See less See more
#370 ·
Anyone who advertising when they're not a sponsor, had a shady history in the BMW community, can't tune BMW ECUs, and blows up a large portion on their engines should be banned. This kit doesn't look like it'll suffer from any of the above, so I think they'd find themselves very welcome.

BTW, VF is not a sponsor on M3F.
That sounds like VF but VF continued to be a sponsor. With the shady **** that you and your friends pulled over there no wonder it has been a graveyard the past few years. End conversation

#371 ·
Anyone who advertising when they're not a sponsor, had a shady history in the supra community, can't tune BMW ECUs, and blows up a large portion on their engines should be banned. This kit doesn't look like it'll suffer from any of the above, so I think they'd find themselves very welcome.

BTW, VF is not a sponsor on M3F.
Dude please S T F U and take your drama back to M3F :facepalm::rolleyes:

That sounds like VF but VF continued to be a sponsor. With the shady **** that you and your friends pulled over there no wonder it has been a graveyard the past few years. End conversation
+1 Well Said!! :thumbsup:

#374 ·
We will have a 93 octane calibration and a 91 octane calibration. The necessary fuel components come with the turbo kit.

I also wanted to add that after several thousand miles of testing the factory plenum held up to the abuse nicely, but ultimately popped despite some minor reinforcements.

We will be including a plenum with the kit to replace the factory piece. I am trying my best to keep the final kit down with the latest revisions that we are making. We are working as quickly as possible to bring a bulletproof kit to the market.

-Mike

#376 ·
The factory plenum made good power with our modifications, and with a bit more support it would hold up without breaking. I was never happy with the rubber couplers and tiny stubs to clamp the plenum on. Too easy to have a boost leak and cause headaches. The new plenum will solve all of the previous issues.

I was in Florida last week and I drove the car for a few days. It is a beautiful daily driver with it's turbo power! I cant wait to turn it up, lol. It's a sickness.

-Mike

#387 · (Edited)
I just think the fact they made it seem like the kit was basically done and just needed a few touches. There has been this long pause on whats going on, its making us all sit on the edge waiting for news.. Only thing we really herd recently is the plenum wasnt holding up.

Anyhow still waiting paiently, because im not ready to buy. Just hoping its ready intime for spring

#388 ·
Unfortunately we don't have 20 guys working on the car like a F1 pit stop. I run Maximum PSI with three guys including myself. At any given day we have an average of 12 cars in the shop that are in various stages of repair, fabrication, etc. The E46 Turbo kit is my top priority, however it isn't my only high priority build. Nick also works a full time job in addition to Technique Tuning.

Nick currently has the car to finish up the calibration, however things are on hold until I get him the new plenum. I assure you the kit isn't imaginary, and that it WILL be coming to the market this year. It has racked up a bunch of miles, and the new precision turbo is working nicely. I promise it will be worth the wait!

#389 ·
I'm sure perfecting something like this is a top priority. We're just all very excited to see this kit released as it seems very promising. We are all very fortunate to have these guys Maxpsi/NickG develop a kit for our car as we know from their previous projects they always come through with a very powerful and reliable kit. I'm sure the wait is torture but it'll be worth it. Keep us posted Mike.

#400 ·
We can put together a hardware package running ProEFI. Depending on your power goals, we would decide if our kit hardware fit the bill, or if it would be better to start from a custom build.

#418 ·
Guys relax! Would you rather have a forced production kit that hasn't been throughly tested and tuned??

Mike, do your thing work everything needed to have this kit be as reliable as possible for the community!

I've personally been waiting to see the results of this kit before pulling the trigger on any form of F/I for my ///M!

:thumbsup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.