E46 Fanatics Forum banner

E46 M3 LSX Project

39K views 90 replies 43 participants last post by  02PRUV 
#1 · (Edited)
Well I said I would do it one day and that day was yesterday. Got the S54 removed, the LS engine and box in and the gearbox crossmember already made. Already worked out that single turbo on the left side of the engine bay is the go for me (I have steering on the right), J Pipe coming round the front of the engine and found a spot for a 4" dump pipe. So it's all going to work well.

This is what we are looking at for an engine:

427ci 9.0:1
RHS Alloy Race Block
Lunati crankshaft 4.000 stroke
Oliver billet rods
Diamond custom pistons
Total Seal AP steel ring set
Comp hyd. roller cam / lifters / timing set
RHS Pro Elite CNC 12 deg. heads
Moroso oil pan / pickup
Cometic MLS head gaskets
FAST 102 intake manifold
Borg Warner S510 Turbo

It's going to be insane in an M3.

See less See more
#50 ·
yeah Mert staying N/A this time.....................At least for now ;)

#53 ·
When the big engine gets here (440ci LSX) it is going to get individual throttle bodies ;)

#54 ·
Omg amazing build. Props to you man. I can't wait to see/hear the first videos of you driving this!

#57 ·
Truly impressive! Props to you...

#58 ·
great progress/fab work! am I missing where the turbo is to be mounted judging by your recent pics?

#61 ·
Well I just waiting on a corvette filter/reg and this would be running. Only got a little wiring and clean up to do now. Nothing that will stop me starting it anyway.

#64 ·
Well I'm still waiting on this fuel filter/reg to turn up so I decided to knock over the shifter.

List of things to finish is small now:

Wire tach
Wire fuel pump
Wire oil temp and level light
Install fuel filter/reg
Bleed brakes
Install heat sheilding

Once these things are done then it's wait for the big engine to arrive.

#66 ·
Yeah I've seen it. Good on him for putting the effort in but I personally think it's a lot of time and trouble for nothing when you can use the DME as your canbus interface and have everything work still

#77 ·
And it's alive!!

Now just have tidy up, do some A/C lines and get the A/C working and some heat sheilding.

I will get the oil temp working on the dash when I do the engine swap over. I will also do a remote bleeder on the slave cylinder because the bleeder is near impossible to get to. Other than these things it's all running and driving. I can't wait for the big engine though. I forgot how gutless stock LS1's are ;)

http://youtu.be/WeVsco6FJUk

I also made some changes to my twin in-tank pump setup. Instead of having to pumps t'ed in-tank, I have run two bulkhead fittings on the hanger lid. Now I also have braided teflon hose right from the pumps to the engine and to the return. I have t'ed the lines above the return side of the tank because there is no room anywhere else and I didn't want to do it under the car.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.